Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 22, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #1,426 of 1,830
Hi,

I agree with some people about the plastic screen. Doesn't feel like glas and feels/touches very cheap, especially compared to the rest of this beauty.

Do you have a problem with the players music app search function, too? I have a 64GB micro sd cards with about 51GB of music. I synced the library after inserting the card but if I search a specific track / artist the search function can NOT find it = no results.

When I search the folder in folder view everything is there and works.

On my Sony ZX1 the search function works 100% and finds anything I enter...

what's wrong or is there a fix for the Pioneer?

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,430 of 1,830
Hi, is there any player app with USB out support that would work with a non-rooted xdp?
Thanks!!

Not sure I follow you...do you mean something like UAPP?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,432 of 1,830
First time the device was acting weird. It became very hot and battery was draining very quickly. Battery widget was reporting 46C before I shut it down by emergency. Android OS and Media Server seem to be the culprits. Loaded a couple of files right before, but it never overheated like this, except maybe on initial first scan...

The screen feels cheap maybe because the panel is made of a layer of thinner AAS glass than usually encountered on smartphones.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,435 of 1,830
Is this a good player, read briefly, mixed reviews, possible problems ? Looking for positives, from owners ? Oh, and does it have balanced connection ?

I'm kind of new to all this.
I just don't like Android, I whisper they had there own OS.
What you get is the ability to have two sd cards up to 200gb each.
I have iTunes library on one and high res and dsd on the other.
If you buy from Amazon they are way cheaper and you have 30 days to decide.
I use it with my ifi idsd micro and th900mk2 and it sounds like my MacBook Pro.
By it self, it can move my headphones, but nowhere near as good as the ifi.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #1,436 of 1,830
I'm kind of new to all this.
I just don't like Android, I whisper they had there own OS.
What you get is the ability to have two sd cards up to 200gb each.
I have iTunes library on one and high res and dsd on the other.
If you buy from Amazon they are way cheaper and you have 30 days to decide.
I use it with my ifi idsd micro and th900mk2 and it sounds like my MacBook Pro.
By it self, it can move my headphones, but nowhere near as good as the ifi.

Thanks for your feedback.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #1,439 of 1,830
I've been reading that this device likely won't get any Android updates? Would seem like a problem in the future if I plan to use this for at least 5 years or until it breaks or the world ends lol I may play games on it too. It's on sale right now for $300. I am not familiar with portable players right now, but seems like a good deal for what it does. 

Current gear: Denon D600, Denon MM400, and Meridian Explorer 2 (DAC)

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,440 of 1,830
  I've been reading that this device likely won't get any Android updates? Would seem like a problem in the future if I plan to use this for at least 5 years or until it breaks or the world ends lol I may play games on it too. It's on sale right now for $300. I am not familiar with portable players right now, but seems like a good deal for what it does. 

We have gotten pretty spoiled.. I too am SO guilty of this. I expect for there to be consistent FW updates being pushed to me. Yet plenty of our other devices never get updates and we're more than content with that.. I guess because we know better.. either way, pretty crazy how this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back