Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jul 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,023 of 1,830
^
Other than a boost in volume 'presence' I don't see/hear a real benefit in using Mojo with the XDP. I use my XDP by itself and Mojo is usually accompanied with my cell phone or laptop. This is just my observation.

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #1,025 of 1,830
Mojo is certainly an awesome dac! I would watch movies with that!

Speaking about watchibg videos, I had a blast watching a rerun of last Game of thrones episode with XDP 100R and HD800S and boy, that was glorious :joy:

I can see better units in the future with smaller bezel, better screen and thinner body.

The screen of the pioneer is not that great but does the job for series in my humble opinion.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #1,026 of 1,830
  OK. Here is the custom TWRP recovery for Onkyo DP-X1 DAP: link
If you do not know what it is, then you do not need it :wink: Use at your own risk.
Brief instruction:
1) Boot your player in Fastboot mode (press Power button + Prev track button simultaneously until the penguin)
2) Connect to USB, Install the driver if necessary (Choose "Android ADB interface" from the drivers list).
3) run _flash.bat file or use manual commands to flash or boot into recovery.
You're done. Enjoy!

Just wanted to X-post, and give input that XVortex's custom TWRP recovery for the Onkyo DP-X1 also works perfectly well for the XDP-100R.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #1,027 of 1,830
  Just ordered a xdp-100r and a chord mojo :) Have bben using an ipod touch 6 gen with oppo ha-2. Hopefully the pioneer and mojo will be an nice upgrade :D

Please forgive me if this is an overly dumb question as I'm just starting to look into DAPs, but why would the XDP-100R improve anything if you're using both the DAC and amp of the Mojo? Would this sound identical to the iPhone + Mojo as the XDP-100R + Mojo? Granted I use Tidal for my music source. Perhaps this is because you have certain files that are supported by the Pioneer and not the iPhone? 

Thanks!

-Collin-

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,028 of 1,830
Please forgive me if this is an overly dumb question as I'm just starting to look into DAPs, but why would the XDP-100R improve anything if you're using both the DAC and amp of the Mojo? Would this sound identical to the iPhone + Mojo as the XDP-100R + Mojo? Granted I use Tidal for my music source. Perhaps this is because you have certain files that are supported by the Pioneer and not the iPhone? 

Thanks!

-Collin-

Its not an dumb question.Its a good one :) im not an expert,but i belive the sound will be the same with the pioneer and ipod paired with the mojo.The ipod is ok.But it only have 32 gb,no memory card slot,and i hate to transfer music to it with itunes.The pioneer have also 32 gb,but you can use 2x200 gb micro sd xd card on it.It also uses android,wich i like better than ios.It also (regards to reviews) have great sound.So i can somethimes use it without the mojo when i want an easy and light setup :) i also have an android mobile.But i only use it for calls,emails,so on,due to the battery life. I have read many great reviews of the pioneer and mojo,so looking forward to testing them.Im no audiophile expert,so curious if i will hear some upgrade from the ipod and oppo ha2.Its a lot of snake oil in the hifi world :p Its also a setup im hoping to have for many years.My wallet will defintly bleed for years.lol. Im going to use it with shure se846 and beyerdynamic t5p.

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,029 of 1,830
looks like money out the window then :/ but i can always use the mojo on samsung s7 or ipod

It's not "money out the window" as the mojo is quite an excellent little DAC/Amp and fairly versatile, especially when Chord starts releasing add-on modules for it.. If you plan on using it with iPod or the S7 as you suggest then the purchase will have served your purpose. I have rarely used the mojo of late yet I do not regret buying it. Same with the two new DragonFlys. I guess I like having options open to me on a musical whim :p

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,030 of 1,830
It's not "money out the window" as the mojo is quite an excellent little DAC/Amp and fairly versatile, especially when Chord starts releasing add-on modules for it.. If you plan on using it with iPod or the S7 as you suggest then the purchase will have served your purpose. I have rarely used the mojo of late yet I do not regret buying it. Same with the two new DragonFlys. I guess I like having options open to me on a musical whim :p

Yes, PC/laptop/iPad/phone all can work with mojo. It is more a PC dac in my opinion. Fewer people carry a stack nowadays

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,032 of 1,830
^
I have a "jeweler's" screwdriver set and the smallest one fits. I can try to find the size (nothing is indicated on the tool or case) when I get home.

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #1,033 of 1,830
Have just tried the mojo and pioneer xdp 100r today.But got on problem.When listening to tidal,the sound is not good.Its some noises/bad sound  coming out :/  im using the otg cable i got with oppo ha2.Micro usb in both ends. Anybody know what to do? 

When im connetcting the mojo to xdp 100r its coming up some USB choise on the screen.when im choosing usb,the sound is fine on the music player,but then i got no sound from tidal.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,034 of 1,830
Strange question: is the player compatible with any headphone in-line remotes? It runs Android software, but not sure if it's compatible with 3-button Android, 3-button Apple, both, or neither.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,035 of 1,830
  Strange question: is the player compatible with any headphone in-line remotes? It runs Android software, but not sure if it's compatible with 3-button Android, 3-button Apple, both, or neither.

I think neither ... I tried a set of Sennheiser MIE2s with Android controls (works on my LG G3 & Samsung S7) but no joy ... was the reason I bought a set of RHA T20s with no inline remote.

Also the reason I'm considering selling my Bose QC25s and buying a set of QC35s or Sennehiser Momentum wireless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back