Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jun 30, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,006 of 1,830
Personally, I thought they sounded somewhat different even in SE. At least to me, the Pioneer had a brighter tone while the Onkyo seemed to have the warmer tone. The Onkyo sounded more natural to me. Otherwise, in terms of giving you details, soundstage size, and whatnot they were pretty similar to me.

Thanks. I assumed they'd be basically the same through the standard 3.5mm port. Trying to decide if Onkyo is worth the extra $160 or so (plus however much it'd cost to get a balanced cable, and adapter to still be able to use them with 3.5mm when needed)

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,007 of 1,830
I've also narrowed my search for a DAP down to Pioneer XDP-100R,Onkyo DP-X1 and Fiio X7.Although my main use for it will be line out to home stereo and car stereo.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,012 of 1,830
I still have a couple questions:

Would this basically match the Onkyo in non-balanced output? Are there other advantages to going up a level to the DP-X1?

Can third party music apps use the ESS DAC? I've seen conflicting reports on this, and heard the stock app leaves much to be desired. Ease of creating playlists, and browsing by folders are important to me, and I like a good interface for browsing album artist and drilling into albums and songs from there, as well.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #1,013 of 1,830
Hey, I'm looking to buy one of these bad-boys.
Just have a few questions before I do:

I heard only the stock music app can use both MicroSD Slots. Is this true?
Would be a deal-breaker for me, if so.

If I'm not using the stock music app, does the volume knob still have granularity?
My current Android DAP is terrible with this, and is impossible to set a perfect volume.

What's the battery life like over Bluetooth?
Love to get through a full 12-hour shift at work.

Also, can this thing be rooted at all?
Can live without, but always nice.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,014 of 1,830

>I heard only the stock music app can use both MicroSD Slots. Is this true?
>Would be a deal-breaker for me, if so.

No, I use GoneMad player and its scanner can see anything on the device including both cards and internal memory.

>If I'm not using the stock music app, does the volume knob still have granularity?
>My current Android DAP is terrible with this, and is impossible to set a perfect volume.

Yes, volume seems the same as with the stock app, certainly to me.

>What's the battery life like over Bluetooth?
>Love to get through a full 12-hour shift at work.

BT doesn't seem to chew the battery as much as wifi but I haven't connected via BT for more than an hour or so can't comment.

>Also, can this thing be rooted at all?
>Can live without, but always nice.

I've heard it can but have never tried.

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #1,015 of 1,830
To those who have loose Jack, can you please share with us a photo or thé brand and modèle of thé 1/8" Jack plug you used on the Pioneer dap?

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,020 of 1,830
Strong volume strong bass
Perfection in portable!
I mean really loud, no kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back