Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Mar 7, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #1,531 of 2,535
to be honest there are no perfect machines anywhere its part of teh business, wether its cars, smartphones,tvs etc all consumer electronics suffer from this, where you like something but its missing 1 or several features ud wish it had. i bought this DAP because i got it for 400USD, i didnt want to use my phone's battery and it supports MQA. bought it to use it for online streaming, the battery didnt last long, so i just slapped a 200gb sd card on it and got all my music there

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,532 of 2,535
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,533 of 2,535
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,535 of 2,535
Hi,

today UAPP has realease an update with Hi-res Support for XDP100 and XDP300, and with MQA direct support with XDP300R.
This afernoon I'l try it.

UAPP is incredible.

bye.

Which version is it? The last one I can find is 3.8.5

Thanks.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,536 of 2,535
Hi friends,
Anyone using the digital out with an external DAC? I'm using the 300R with PHA-3 and couldn't get it to output any sound from any streaming service including YouTube. Is there a way to achieve this?

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,538 of 2,535
Hi,

today UAPP has realease an update with Hi-res Support for XDP100 and XDP300, and with MQA direct support with XDP300R.
This afernoon I'l try it.

UAPP is incredible.

bye.

Excuse my ignorance... but could someone explain this to me?

I'm relatively new to the world of hi-res so need to know what this means?

Thanks...

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,539 of 2,535
Excuse my ignorance... but could someone explain this to me?

I'm relatively new to the world of hi-res so need to know what this means?

Thanks...

Typically music playback on Android devices including this player will not be bit perfect, everything is converted to an intermediate sample rate, for example 48Khz. This can result in an up-sample or down-sample conversion.

If UAPP could do this then the quality should be noticeably improved and we will be able to stream and play MQA in UAPP too. This would be a very nice feature to have, something I've been waiting for since I purchased the player nearly two years ago.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,540 of 2,535
Hmmm...I have both UAPP and Neutron on my Pioneer. I pretty much always use Neutron, but that could change that, if it's true.

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,544 of 2,535
Well, I suppose I'm not supposed to ask about this "alpha" test, but...

(to answer the question-I find the sound better with Neutron compared to stock. Haven't compared UAPP to Neutron, just used to using Neutron from previous players and phones).

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #1,545 of 2,535
Typically music playback on Android devices including this player will not be bit perfect, everything is converted to an intermediate sample rate, for example 48Khz. This can result in an up-sample or down-sample conversion.

If UAPP could do this then the quality should be noticeably improved and we will be able to stream and play MQA in UAPP too. This would be a very nice feature to have, something I've been waiting for since I purchased the player nearly two years ago.

What would REALLY be terrific is if they could somehow manage to do that AND play offline downloads from Tidal instead of just the stream. That would make this a formidable player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back