Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
May 1, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #856 of 2,535
So, I hadn't tried the Bluetooth in the car up until now. I
Have a 6 month old Honda Accord which had paired fine with Bluetooth using my HTC10 and my wife and daughter's iPhones. I generally have lots to listen to and haven't tried pairing my Pioneer until today, but I had a 3 hour drive and ran out of stuff, and thought I'd try the Pioneer (the Honda oddly doesn't have a wired auxiliary input). Anyway, the Pioneer wouldn't pair. The Pioneer recognized the car, but the car didn't "see" the DAP, and eventually said it must not be compatible. Any suggestions?

My other DAP (Shanling M1) won't pair to my Momentum 2 headphone, some devices just don't get along.

If it were me I would use an external BT adaptor, one of the ones that has a line-in. Not ideal but one possible solution.

The 300R does pair to my Ford ICE, but I don't use it this way, the Ford unit will only pair to one device at once, so I then can't receive calls and answer them "hands free".

May 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #857 of 2,535
Hi all,
Just to share with you, I am controlling my Pioneer XDP-300R with this Bluetooth device when driving:
12M Bluetooth Media Button Remote Control For ISO Bluetooth 3.0 Android
Bluetooth Remote Controll.jpg
Kind regards

May 3, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #858 of 2,535
jumped in and grabbed myself a 300r. currently using it with my it03 and cb12 balanced cable and I'm quite happy with the SQ so far :) I'm coming from an Xduoo X10 and TEAC P90 dap

Attachments

• Snap 2017-05-03 at 15.42.47.png
    Snap 2017-05-03 at 15.42.47.png
    567.7 KB · Views: 0
May 7, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #859 of 2,535
jumped in and grabbed myself a 300r. currently using it with my it03 and cb12 balanced cable and I'm quite happy with the SQ so far :) I'm coming from an Xduoo X10 and TEAC P90 dap

@bri g can you please be so kind and describe sound signature of 300r compared to p90sd ? I would like to switch from my teac to pioneer but I am afraid that teac will turn out to be better sounding dap

cheers

May 8, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #860 of 2,535
Hi to you all. Im new in this forum.

I just received my pioneer xdp 300 via amazon in spain last week. So far very happy with quality of sound.

The problem is none of my earphones controls are working in the device. (volume +/- or next track).
Is this a common issue? Or some configuration to be made? Any aplication i can download on android?

I tried Bowers &wilkins p7 and c5, RHA t20i,Seinheizer momentum (android), Beats models.
If i use bluetooth earphones the controls works fine, but via cable none of the work.

I really appreciate any kind of help tks vm

May 8, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #861 of 2,535
Hi to you all. Im new in this forum.

I just received my pioneer xdp 300 via amazon in spain last week. So far very happy with quality of sound.

The problem is none of my earphones controls are working in the device. (volume +/- or next track).
Is this a common issue? Or some configuration to be made? Any aplication i can download on android?

I tried Bowers &wilkins p7 and c5, RHA t20i,Seinheizer momentum (android), Beats models.
If i use bluetooth earphones the controls works fine, but via cable none of the work.

I really appreciate any kind of help tks vm

it only has a stereo socket..not a 4 pole trrs socket..
as its a media player and doesnt have any phone built in.. theres no need for a 4 pole socket..
plus pioneer would have been laughed at if they put in a 4 pole socket as its not deemed to be "audiophile" .

May 8, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #862 of 2,535
@bri g can you please be so kind and describe sound signature of 300r compared to p90sd ? I would like to switch from my teac to pioneer but I am afraid that teac will turn out to be better sounding dap

cheers
Honestly I find the P90 to be a more reference sounding DAP. It just sounds more natural when listening to vocals and intruments. 300r adds more space and width though and has more details. I actually love both so I'm hanging on to both daps :) there are days when the teac p90 UI is just too frustrating. I'm trying to get the 300r to work with the teac as a dac/amp but haven't been successful so far

May 8, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #863 of 2,535
I have similar feelings-Don't have the P-90. I have the 300R and the Pono Player; the 300R is more open, maybe more detailed, more high end energy (which often sounds like more air and detail); the Pono is more natural sounding, more "musical" for lack of a better word. This translates to them liking different iem's-I've been listening to the Aedle ODS-1, soft and rolled off on top, strong bass, sounds good with the Pioneer, not so much with Pono. On the other hand, The Campfire Orion is on the bright side itself, rolls off on the bass side; works much better with the Pono, goes from painful to lovely sounding. It's all in the matching, I suppose (I have these to review...)

May 9, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #865 of 2,535
They fixed the site, at least the way I couldn't read any posts on myth phone without turning the phone on its side and enlarging... Thank goodness!

May 12, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #868 of 2,535
Anyone using the 300r and a Mac?... I've tried dozens of different cables & the 300r won't mount to the desktop. I'm running OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) on a MacbookPro.

I do, I can try it this evening and let you know. Up to now I've always plugged into my Windows 10 PC, do Android devices usually work OK with Apple devices?

May 12, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #869 of 2,535
I do, I can try it this evening and let you know. Up to now I've always plugged into my Windows 10 PC, do Android devices usually work OK with Apple devices?

Thanks Steve. I hadn't really considered that as I've not used an Android device before. The manual says the 'XDAP Link' software is Mac compatible so I'd assumed all would be ok. It starts up fine but can't see the XDP300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back