Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #677 of 2,535
Recently upgraded to the dx200. I've tried many daps and it was the only one better (under $1k) which says a lot about the little Onkyo!

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #679 of 2,535
Hi all,

I have just purchased the XDP-300r and I am loving it so far. One question though, is there any way the DAP will work with the car stereo? I have a simple aux cable but do I need something different?

Thanks.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #680 of 2,535
Hi all,

I have just purchased the XDP-300r and I am loving it so far. One question though, is there any way the DAP will work with the car stereo? I have a simple aux cable but do I need something different?

Thanks.

No, you should be fine, just make sure you put the XDP on line out mode, and back to headphone mode before plugging in your headphones again and turning it on! Enjoy!

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #681 of 2,535
  No, you should be fine, just make sure you put the XDP on line out mode, and back to headphone mode before plugging in your headphones again and turning it on! Enjoy!

Or just leave it in variable line out mode but remember to turn the volume down before plugging in sensitive iems or headphones.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #683 of 2,535
What a screw** way to add those microSD cards! :frowning2:((

I do insert them with the contacts facing up, but they won't click into place.
They do stay out for about 1mm of the unit...

When I hold them (push them) manually in the unit, the Pioneer does recognize them...
When I don't push anymore, they'are wiping out again...

What do I wrong?
I'm really getting frustrated about this ...

I'm using these ones:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #684 of 2,535
  What a screw** way to add those microSD cards! :frowning2:((

I do insert them with the contacts facing up, but they won't click into place.
They do stay out for about 1mm of the unit...

When I hold them (push them) manually in the unit, the Pioneer does recognize them...
When I don't push anymore, they'are wiping out again...

What do I wrong?
I'm really getting frustrated about this ...

I'm using these ones:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00V62XBQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No idea what's wrong, I have a couple of those cards too. Having long finger nails helps though, because as with all devices that take micro SD cards I find I need to push them into the unit a few mm before they lock in and don't eject again.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #685 of 2,535
Sudsenly the stock music app is constantly crashing. A pop up window apears saying the music app has stopped working, and gives the option to click "ok" or "report". Either way it closes the app. When I open it again it is back at the main menu instead of what I was listening to. It does this about 20 mins in everytime I play something. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #686 of 2,535
Sudsenly the stock music app is constantly crashing. A pop up window apears saying the music app has stopped working, and gives the option to click "ok" or "report". Either way it closes the app. When I open it again it is back at the main menu instead of what I was listening to. It does this about 20 mins in everytime I play something. Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

This happens to me once in a while but not nearly as frequently as you have been experiencing.
This might have something to do with stability of the app in conjunction with android.
What I've noticed is that the onkyo app reads the SD card faster than 3rd party music apps so there might be something happening in the back end and it's also able to bypass androids sampling rate scaling.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #687 of 2,535

Thank you for the info.

I have the sennheiser momentum in ear and the AKG N60 NC headphones at the moment. I've not tried the AKG but I find with the sennheiser I have to have the volume right up at 130 to get a loud enough sound. Do I need a more powerful set of in ears to get the most out of the Pioneer?

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #688 of 2,535
  No idea what's wrong, I have a couple of those cards too. Having long finger nails helps though, because as with all devices that take micro SD cards I find I need to push them into the unit a few mm before they lock in and don't eject again.

Ok, thanks! I think I was too careful, but finally, I do have succeeded!

First impressions: the formerly reported glitches on the Onkyo Dp-X1 when playing downloaded hifi-songs of Tidal are also there on the Pioneer XDP-300r!
Now that's really a shame for a player like this one!

They are audible on 'silent' songs... it's like Tidal is skipping a little frame of the song every 2 minutes.
The problem is not there when streaming songs on Tidal...

Hope they find a solution...

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #689 of 2,535
Ok, thanks! I think I was too careful, but finally, I do have succeeded!

First impressions: the formerly reported glitches on the Onkyo Dp-X1 when playing downloaded hifi-songs of Tidal are also there on the Pioneer XDP-300r!

Now that's really a shame for a player like this one!

They are audible on 'silent' songs... it's like Tidal is skipping a little frame of the song every 2 minutes.

The problem is not there when streaming songs on Tidal...

Hope they find a solution...

I don't get any issues with my offline content on Tidal, either on the device storage or on an SD. What is issue exactly?

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #690 of 2,535
I don't get any issues with my offline content on Tidal, either on the device storage or on an SD. What is issue exactly?

There are some hearable glitches on silent/quiet songs...
It's like there's a small skip of a frame in the song...

Try to download for instance: Camille - Ilo Veyou

They are not there in "normal" songs, but only in the silent parts.
This problem has been reported several times for the Onkyo and I hoped that they should have resolved this problem...

So bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back