Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 13, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #363 of 2,535
I ordered mine via buyee from Amazon jp on 29 Dec and it arrived today, in the UK. I paid almost 49,000 yen, the offer was on but you can't get it via buyee, I didn't fancy sending copies of my ID for tenso so just went via buyee. It still worked out a lot cheaper, after UK VAT & excise and p&p I paid just under £500 for the xdp-300r and a APU300B from yahoo jp.

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #364 of 2,535

The case fits very good, smooth and tight with no gabs, quite happy with it.
And yes I still have to peel of the original protection foil.

Looking into this case this but can't find any reseller in Europe yet.
Is it made of real leather or 'leatherette'?

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #365 of 2,535
Now the price was normal again. Just right I'm going to click place order. Damn. Looks like I'm not allowed to buy this dap. :anguished:

I am sorry for you, maybe there will be a new sale soon again.
If not, than this is indeed not the dap with your name on it. 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #366 of 2,535
  Looking into this case this but can't find any reseller in Europe yet.
Is it made of real leather or 'leatherette'?

All of the reviews I have seen say that it is synthetic leather.

EDIT: After looking closer at the pics that paul66 posted, I am confident that it is not real leather. There is no stitching present anywhere, which would be required for a hide case. If there is genuine leather (animal hide) present on this case, it would simply be a paper thin layer laminated to a synthetic backing.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #367 of 2,535
All of the reviews I have seen say that it is synthetic leather.

EDIT: After looking closer at the pics that paul66 posted, I am confident that it is not real leather. There is no stitching present anywhere, which would be required for a hide case. If there is genuine leather (animal hide) present on this case, it would simply be a paper thin layer laminated to a synthetic backing.

Whatever it is, it feels really good in the hand and could fool me :p

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #369 of 2,535
  Got an email late last night from amazon jp. Unit has become available ahead of schedule and should expect for them to ship out soon. :)

What date did you place your order?

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #371 of 2,535

Can I use an adapter 2.5 male to 3.5 female and get the benefit of balanced output with iem's I have or do I need a balanced cable for the specific iem I will be using? Thank you for any suggestions.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #372 of 2,535

Can I use an adapter 2.5 male to 3.5 female and get the benefit of balanced output with iem's I have or do I need a balanced cable for the specific iem I will be using? Thank you for any suggestions.

Sorry, you will need a balanced cable to get balanced functionality.  You can get a balanced cable with a 3.5mm male to 2.5 mm female adapter (opposite of what you specified) and use it as a normal cable when aneed to downgrade to normal  3.5mm single ended sources.  But you will need a balanced cable from start to finish to get balanced functionality.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #374 of 2,535
  Sorry, you will need a balanced cable to get balanced functionality.  You can get a balanced cable with a 3.5mm male to 2.5 mm female adapter (opposite of what you specified) and use it as a normal cable when aneed to downgrade to normal  3.5mm single ended sources.  But you will need a balanced cable from start to finish to get balanced functionality.

You are talking about making a balanced cable for headphones/iem's with an adapter to single ended. Is that correct? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back