Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 8, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #256 of 2,535
Thanks, couldn't resist either so just pushed the Buy button.
beyersmile.png

They are out of stock now, the black version at least, should be here in 2/3 weeks or so, hopefully just in time for my birthday. (always a good excuse buying stuff for your own birthday,"just saving you the hassle my love!") 
evil_smiley.gif

Since we are in the EU Amazon JP already charges the estimated import taxes, which are € 86,31, Shipping /handling is € 11,13
Payed 47.294 Yen = € 391,50 in total.
Not bad considering the retail price is € 799,00 here...

And now we wait... (from the famous Heineken commercial)  

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #258 of 2,535
I would like the snug fit leather better...

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #262 of 2,535
Received my XDP-300R(S) today. This thing is IMMACULATE. I personally don't like fitted cases so I'll get a Pelican case to store it and my SE846 for travel. Loaded up two Toshiba 32G microSD cards for extra storage until I can find some deals on some larger media. The device immediately applied an Android update after connecting to WiFi, so that's a good sign that Pioneer Onkyo is supporting their product. :)

Going to load Spotify on it and give it a test run as I wait for my balanced 2.5mm MMCX cable to come in.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #264 of 2,535
  Thoughts on the soon to be released Fiio X5 3rd Gen and this Pioneer XDP-300R?

2 x AKM dac, warm sound (most probably). I had the X5 1st gen in the past - never consider Fiio seriously since that time - very basic devices.
And I do not consider AKM chips anymore - I had Valoq for a year - more than enough AKM for me ).

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #266 of 2,535
  Received my XDP-300R(S) today. This thing is IMMACULATE. I personally don't like fitted cases so I'll get a Pelican case to store it and my SE846 for travel. Loaded up two Toshiba 32G microSD cards for extra storage until I can find some deals on some larger media. The device immediately applied an Android update after connecting to WiFi, so that's a good sign that Pioneer Onkyo is supporting their product. :)

Going to load Spotify on it and give it a test run as I wait for my balanced 2.5mm MMCX cable to come in.

Thanks, please keep us informed, still not much owners here unfortunately, mine is coming in 2/3 weeks.....
What Android version are you now on?
I am a sucker for sweeping VU needles, spectrum analyzers and such, does it have something like this?

Watch Amazon for the Sandisk 200GB cards, occasionally these are offered at $ 60,-

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #267 of 2,535
Can the 300R output audio through usb out to external dac? I'm assuming since it is android based, OTG functions work? Also that being said does 300r bypass android's audio resampling?

OTG does work (earlier in the thread someone tried a hard drive) but why would you want or need another DAC when you have this DAP as-is?

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #268 of 2,535
I can resist
wink.gif

I just couldn't wait for the X5iii to be available, at an uncertain price as well.
Just bought the XDP-300R and if I really don't like it it will be easy to sell, considering the price they ask for it here in the Netherlands, or even Europe. 
What is holding you back?

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #269 of 2,535
Thanks, please keep us informed, still not much owners here unfortunately, mine is coming in 2/3 weeks.....
What Android version are you now on?
I am a sucker for sweeping VU needles, spectrum analyzers and such, does it have something like this?

Watch Amazon for the Sandisk 200GB cards, occasionally these are offered at $ 60,-

5.1.1 and it works smoothly. Haven't seen visualizations yet, however volume control, and control buttons on the side are extremely convenient and easy to use (and get used to!).

Been listening to unbalanced 3.5mm and it is an amazing experience so far. I think the silver also looks especially classy. Android configurations look very native and all custom work looks seamless.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #270 of 2,535
  I just couldn't wait for the X5iii to be available, at an uncertain price as well.
Just bought the XDP-300R and if I really don't like it it will be easy to sell, considering the price they ask for it here in the Netherlands, or even Europe. 
What is holding you back?

I agree, price is really tempting.
What is holding me back:
* Android re-sampling stuff, which FiiO claims to have by-passed
On the other hand, if the Pioneer/Onkyo app suffices it's no issue.
* Output power, although it probably would be sufficiënt anyway
* Warranty / after-sales, not very positive reading old threads

But I still keep thinking about it. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back