Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 29, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #1,381 of 2,535
so does the dap XDP-300R bypass or not the android fiasko sampling crap?
As far as I've read, the coming Hiby R6 is the first Android DAP to bypass Android sampling. That is why many other devices have what they call a pure mode, without access to streaming apps, but able to play stored music unaltered

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #1,382 of 2,535
Unlikely you'll be disappointed with the SE-CH9T - whilst not the most resolving, they're superbly musical & respond well to the extra muscle available from the XDP300r in balanced mode. If you want to squeeze the last drop of goodness from them I recommend Symbio W eartips.

I'd urge anyone to go balanced mode - it's worth the effort . Aside from anything else, using it with the stock player is the only way to engage the dual dac/dual amp performance, so not doing so is akin to buying a sportscar, but only ever driving it in 3rd gear.

Now this is something I would love a definitive answer on. I've been listening to Tidal on this with balanced mode on a number of IEM from the B400 up to the UE Pro 18 + and am pretty impressed with the sound quality. It's a clear step or two up from the X5iii. If what you are saying is true, then since I am streaming flac (or listening to it downloaded on Tidal), I am only engaging one of the dacs? Is this primarily due to android? I have heard that android resamples but what does that have to do with the player engaging both dac/amps? I do know that the only way I've been able to achieve bit perfect is via an external dac and USBAPP which pretty much defeats the purpose of having an all-in-one solution and utilizing the nice onboard dacs of this device. So I guess what I'm asking is:
1. Is using this device to play Tidal pointless because we are not getting the full implementation of the device and/or resampling from the android?
2. Does it really matter in the end......meaning, is there a clear discernible difference in overall sound quality playing the same file through the stock player vs. streaming it in Tidal? If so, then why in the world would it offer streaming a Hifi service like Tidal?

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,383 of 2,535
As far as I've read, the coming Hiby R6 is the first Android DAP to bypass Android sampling. That is why many other devices have what they call a pure mode, without access to streaming apps, but able to play stored music unaltered

Oh i'l inquire more into that hiby dap tehn cause I only stream and do spotify offeline. I need to pair it with a micro idsd bl. I got a lg v30 and I have cracks and pops on otg mode. same thing with other android phones I tried. But no pops on pc when connected super weird.

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,385 of 2,535
Jan 29, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,386 of 2,535
Oh i'l inquire more into that hiby dap tehn cause I only stream and do spotify offeline. I need to pair it with a micro idsd bl. I got a lg v30 and I have cracks and pops on otg mode. same thing with other android phones I tried. But no pops on pc when connected super weird.
The cracks and pops have nothing to do with Android sampling. ItsI a cable or specific device issue. I use a Sony Z3, rolled back to Android 4.4.4 because Sony actiaact provided for bitperfect or direct audio playback via USB then removed it in later updates. This device is my pwrsoper DAP connected to USB DAC til I decide at a later date that I want an actual DAP. Don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a device that will end up simply being a transport when I can get a Z3 on eBay for $150 and simply root and flash older software to get the support needed for direct audio.

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,387 of 2,535
The cracks and pops have nothing to do with Android sampling. ItsI a cable or specific device issue. I use a Sony Z3, rolled back to Android 4.4.4 because Sony actiaact provided for bitperfect or direct audio playback via USB then removed it in later updates. This device is my pwrsoper DAP connected to USB DAC til I decide at a later date that I want an actual DAP. Don't want to spend several hundred dollars on a device that will end up simply being a transport when I can get a Z3 on eBay for $150 and simply root and flash older software to get the support needed for direct audio.

well it make no pops when I listen it on a pc, only happens on cell phones!

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,388 of 2,535
Now this is something I would love a definitive answer on. I've been listening to Tidal on this with balanced mode on a number of IEM from the B400 up to the UE Pro 18 + and am pretty impressed with the sound quality. It's a clear step or two up from the X5iii. If what you are saying is true, then since I am streaming flac (or listening to it downloaded on Tidal), I am only engaging one of the dacs? Is this primarily due to android? I have heard that android resamples but what does that have to do with the player engaging both dac/amps? I do know that the only way I've been able to achieve bit perfect is via an external dac and USBAPP which pretty much defeats the purpose of having an all-in-one solution and utilizing the nice onboard dacs of this device. So I guess what I'm asking is:
1. Is using this device to play Tidal pointless because we are not getting the full implementation of the device and/or resampling from the android?
2. Does it really matter in the end......meaning, is there a clear discernible difference in overall sound quality playing the same file through the stock player vs. streaming it in Tidal? If so, then why in the world would it offer streaming a Hifi service like Tidal?
Using the device to play Tidal isn't pointless because you do get the benefit of the other internal components. As an example, all Android phones have audio resampling, but they all sound different, due to the implwmwimpleme of the hardware they possess. So this d vice will sound relativwlr better than the next given they both have the same handicap.

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #1,389 of 2,535
well it make no pops when I listen it on a pc, only happens on cell phones!
Could possibly be the cable. Familiar with several emmebers who have used the BL with Android device without any pops, etc. And using my Galaxy S8, I've never had any issues with any usn DQC, but that's not what I would use for playback, due to the resampling issue

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,390 of 2,535
Could possibly be the cable. Familiar with several emmebers who have used the BL with Android device without any pops, etc. And using my Galaxy S8, I've never had any issues with any usn DQC, but that's not what I would use for playback, due to the resampling issue

I tried many 3 cable all same thing, also tryed it on a different phone also same thing. but super clean on a pc now go guess what is tha problem even ifi tech dont know what it is.

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,391 of 2,535
Using the device to play Tidal isn't pointless because you do get the benefit of the other internal components. As an example, all Android phones have audio resampling, but they all sound different, due to the implwmwimpleme of the hardware they possess. So this d vice will sound relativwlr better than the next given they both have the same handicap.

Completely agree on those points but I am disturbed about not getting the best I can out of it. I love your idea of the Z3 as transport but with USBAPP don't you get bit perfect anyway with pretty much any android source into something like the dragonfly etc?

Jan 29, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,392 of 2,535
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,393 of 2,535
Same here. Bought it the same time I bought the 300R. It's not too bad but I was a bit disappointed - I have never used balanced before and I probably was expecting too much from it. I have ordered the SE-CH9T(It's bigger brother) and MMCX 2.5 cable so I can still use balanced. I have been reading a lot of good things about the SE-CH9T.
Balanced is highly overrated. Even with my 1000$ Angies I can barely hear a difference between balanced an unbalanced. Balanced out does have more control and headroom, but only slightly so. And again, we're talking 1000+ $ IEMs here.

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,394 of 2,535
Balanced is highly overrated. Even with my 1000$ Angies I can barely hear a difference between balanced an unbalanced. Balanced out does have more control and headroom, but only slightly so. And again, we're talking 1000+ $ IEMs here.

Hence, why I shouldn't be forced to use 2.5mm balanced versus the regular 3.5mm jack. If there's going to be two DACs in the DAP, then they should work with both outputs. I really don't even know what balanced versus regular output means anyways. Judging by the numbers though, there shouldn't be a huge difference. I don't even know how easy it is to get a good, reliable 2.5mm header for my headphones that are all 3.5mm. Maybe there's different types? I don't know. So, I wanted to get a DAP that's fully functional with the 3.5mm jack. No gimmicks or tricks.

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,395 of 2,535
I understand. If I were not to purchase the HiBy R6, should I purchase the XDP-300R, DP-X1, or the DP-X1A? Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I'm new to the DAP world. This would be my first DAP purchase ever. So, it'd be nice to have something worthy of being a smartphone replacement because I'm likely giving that up. I don't need a phone, and people are very inconsiderate of the fact that I hate being bothered by my phone all day. With that being said, I would likely be on WiFi a lot if I were to get a DAP. I would be on YouTube, browsing the internet, and probably play some games on it once in a while. That's only if I knew I was close to a charger because games drain any mobile device. Anyways, if this DAP isn't the best choice for me, what else could be out there that has a screen size larger than 4"? The best options that I've considered are the HiBy R6 and the Pioneer XDP-300R. Thank you for your time again guys.
The 300R is not good for battery life when using WiGi. Getting a tablet and using an external DAC/Amp like the FiiO Q1 MKII would be one option, you get a big screen for YT as well as really good battery life from the tablet (though Q1 will not be as good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back