Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Nov 15, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #47 of 2,532
  Does anyone know if DP-X1 accessories like cases fit the 300R? Are they 100% identical? It looks like not.

No the dp-x1 is a different shape. The screen is the same. The 100 and 300 are the same shape but the 100 has the bumpers.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #48 of 2,532

Still no word on this?

I am thinking about getting me a portable setup and eyeing this XDP-300R and the new Campfire Vega. Should be a pretty good beginner setup, no?

Nope, not a word. It has been over a week now. 300R still not on the Pioneer US website.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #49 of 2,532

Nope, not a word. It has been over a week now. 300R still not on the Pioneer US website.

And probably will not be for quite some time.

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #50 of 2,532
I'm v interested in this unit. But does anyone know how the 300R handles Android's native upsampling "feature", which in practise (on Android phones) just dilutes the sound qualityunless you use an app like UAPP, that is designed to sidestep this?

And if the 300R does address this by sidestepping Android's upsampling "feature", does this also work for 3rd party music apps on the 300R, TIDAL in particular (or does it only work for the native player on the 300R?

Would be very grateful for any guidance on this.

Many thanks

Jerome

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #51 of 2,532

Yup Pioneer XDP-300R stock is now coming through but it's turned out to be an exceptionally hot product. I think many want it for Christmas :D

It seems you guys ship to Canada.

I wonder how much the price difference would be when these release in North America from the current UK price.

If purchasing a EU unit, I understand the only difference is volume limit related? The EU has a volume limit and NA versions usually don't? Or is it the other way around.

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #52 of 2,532

It seems you guys ship to Canada.

I wonder how much the price difference would be when these release in North America from the current UK price.

If purchasing a EU unit, I understand the only difference is volume limit related? The EU has a volume limit and NA versions usually don't? Or is it the other way around.

Yep, EU have the volume limit, american/japenese don't.  With the pound in the *****er atm I imagine you would probably be ok as long as you don't get caught for custom fees.

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #53 of 2,532

Yep, EU have the volume limit, american/japenese don't.  With the pound in the *****er atm I imagine you would probably be ok as long as you don't get caught for custom fees.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is the volume limit thing a big deal? What exactly is the limit? I'm not one that necessarily blasts my music to insane ear ringing levels, so would it have a huge effect on the regular user?

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #54 of 2,532

Thanks for the clarification.

Is the volume limit thing a big deal? What exactly is the limit? I'm not one that necessarily blasts my music to insane ear ringing levels, so would it have a huge effect on the regular user?

I am going around and looking at posts about the XDP-100R and there are conflicting reports about being able to turn off the limiter.

If it can be turned off then it would be no different than a non-EU unit, right?

Only worrying thing I have read is claims that it was turned off and volume is still lower than regular units.

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #56 of 2,532
xdp 300r purchased yesterday from Harrow audio.

Jacks..
nice and snug in their holes..
(UPDATED !!)
volume. .db scale is woefully innacurate on the equaliser so massive  increases on the sliders  are needed.. either that or its just started to work properly.( which i think is the real case)

yes its still fairly low on the headphone setting, however change to variable line out and its got enough to power a set of hifiman he400i's  and enough drive a set of oppo pm3's  to loud() although theres not a huge difference from headphone setting to variable or even fixed line out its definitely the setting to use
 i connected headphones to it on fixed line out and volume was same as max on variable

Bluetooth volume out is pretty low as well even on high gain.. using it with a pair of sennheiser momentum wireless 2.0 and with everything on max ( phones on max/ dap on hi gain/variable line out vol at 160) the level is not what i would call loud.. just normal..

Equalizer will generally do nothing. if you have the dsp setting off  it wont work at all .so be warned.. (when it does work)you can adjust the equaliser to gain some more volume ( every paramater up up to 12 db) although yet to find out if this adds distortion. strange thing is, if you then turn off the equaliser it makes no difference, so tbh the equaliser settings screen is pretty borked and only works occasionally and seems to just make its own mind up when to actually do something
PIONEER sort it out..

(updated)
club sound boost... works but is pants

"Plays using the optimum frequency characteristics when using Pioneer headphones" but it should work with any headphone
Battery life is bloody awful at the moment.. fully charged to 40% in under an hour and a half of play/messing about with it on wifi &  bluetooth headphones and screen brightness near minimum( this may improve)

Im sure this thing has some more oomph inside.. just got to find out how to get it out and pioneer need to sort out the software inside.
I cant check the balanced output power as i dont have a balanced lead for the hifimans or pm3's, manual says its got more power on balanced  110mw ?vs 75mw on unbalanced
dont let the fact that it has twin dacs fool you into thinking theres more volume/headroom.. nope.. volume seems identical to the xdp100.
its still being limited by firmware.

this player definitely needs more subjective reviews as i just cant get 30% of the features to actually make any audible difference..
we need an expert to spend a week with it..

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #57 of 2,532
if theres any other queries..please ask and ill do my best (as a keen user)to give my feedback/help

i know sound quality is subjective.. but in my opinion its good but not in the same class as the higher astell and kern players.
However the ability to stream and download from tidal as opposed to the a&k players only being able to stream is a big plus..and the reason i chose this over any a&k

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #60 of 2,532
(written on the pioneers screen..sorry)

Upsate.
Clubsound option gas started workung,but limits anyrhing to 48khz. So best left off.
Mqa sampke filez sound damn good and come in well under 10mb for a fiive min piece.

Have dug out mt fiio A3 amo to use on quieter albums. ,however hifiman 400i's adequate for most albums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back