Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,026 of 2,535
Hi, looking for Additional DAP with sabre chip... and got attention with this....

need a few info,
1) what is the impedance of Xdp-300r single end and Balanced (7 ohm if I not wrong....)
2) off line Streaming data storage on SD Card... I know in fiio x5 3rd, this can't.. if you save it in SD card, the data will be gone when you shut down the device, or you forget to close the app when it went to sleep mode....
1. XDP-300r has a impedance response of 16-300 Ohm single ended, and 32-600 Ohm balanced.
2. I use Spotify premium and both downloading music for offline use, saving it to internal storage and MicroSD card works fine

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,027 of 2,535
Does anybody have a link for a good case and/or screen protector for this device?
I have the original Pioneer sleeve, it's a tight fit but works fine. Not cheap.
Bought the screen protector from Amazon, will try to figure out which one, is in this thread as well, somewhere in the first couple of pages

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #2,029 of 2,535
1. XDP-300r has a impedance response of 16-300 Ohm single ended, and 32-600 Ohm balanced.
2. I use Spotify premium and both downloading music for offline use, saving it to internal storage and MicroSD card works fine
thank you for the reply,
any idea how 300R to drive low impedance IEM (10 ohm) ?? in term of hiss or noise background?

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #2,031 of 2,535

Just a wee message to say wishing you all a Happy New Year when it comes and thanks to everyone for all their informative input on the player!

Here's a shot of my most listened to track on the player, have to play it loud but it's a mind blowing experience everytime!

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #2,032 of 2,535
thank you for the reply,
any idea how 300R to drive low impedance IEM (10 ohm) ?? in term of hiss or noise background?

One site I checked quoted the output impedance in balanced mode at 7 ohms but I couldn't find a figure for SE mode so the 300R may have a higher than desirable output impedance value.

If you stick with headphone and IEM models in the suggested impedance ranges you should get a good pairing. A few users have noticed, myself included that some bass is lost with lower impedance IEM's like the Shure SE846.

I've never noticed any hiss with any IEM I've used with this DAP, but you need to look at the sensitivity value for the IEM and not just the impedance. Low impedance, high sensitivity IEM's are most likely to exhibit a hiss issue, although not necessarily with this DAP.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,034 of 2,535

Just a wee message to say wishing you all a Happy New Year when it comes and thanks to everyone for all their informative input on the player!

Here's a shot of my most listened to track on the player, have to play it loud but it's a mind blowing experience everytime!

Screenshot_2018-12-31-19-59-36.png

Just streaming now, thank you for the suggestion.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #2,035 of 2,535
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,036 of 2,535

These are the Shure SRH1540? How do you like them paired with the XDP-300R?
I thought about these but just bought the AudioQuest NightOwl for a price I couldn't resist.
Added a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable to use with the XDP-300R, haven't received both unfortunately.....

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #2,037 of 2,535
thank you for the reply,
Like @SteveOliver ^^ says :wink:.
I don't use IEM's any more but the ones I used were from Trinity and not that critical.

I am still more than happy with the XDP-300R:
Having 2 MicroSD card slots is great
The standard music player is plain simple but doing best what it should be doing; playing music.
BT is not it's best feature but I use it wired 99% of the time anyway.
The amp could use some more power for high impedance cans.
Still get around 11 hours of playtime single ended use.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,038 of 2,535
I thought about these but just bought the AudioQuest NightOwl for a price I couldn't resist.
Added a 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable to use with the XDP-300R, haven't received both unfortunately.....

Yup they are 1540s I came from using SONY MDRV900s and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros prior to buying the Sures so they were definitely a step up in cost. As I said they take a bit of pumping up the volume on the player depending on the track but are stunning cans, certainly not as bassy as the Sonys or Beyers but as far as detail in the music and lyrics is mindblowing. Comfort wise I have a colossal noggin and they catch me a bit at the top of the headband but am planning to add a pad to combat this (most people say they are superbly comfortable though).
Enjoy those NightOwls when they come I hear nothing but good things about them. A balanced cable for the player will probably be my next purchase.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,039 of 2,535
MAN, i listened NIghtOwls of my friend from SE on my 300r a couple days ago. I was completely blown away! The bass and soundstage make u feel like u are in a good jazz club in New York. Afer all these listening sessions I was trying to imagine how would it sound from balanced output. Plz share some impressions when u get this cans.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #2,040 of 2,535
MAN, i listened NIghtOwls of my friend from SE on my 300r a couple days ago. I was completely blown away! The bass and soundstage make u feel like u are in a good jazz club in New York. Afer all these listening sessions I was trying to imagine how would it sound from balanced output. Plz share some impressions when u get this cans.
Will do, although I am not that good at describing sound characteristics...
You know you can get these for € 300? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back