Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Apr 1, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #1,606 of 2,535
I've got to find some, the only other plug I have is a 4 connector inline mic headphones
It's the same thing, its a 3.5mm connection. If it works then it's an issue with the Senn's plug not wanting to oddly work with your 300R. I'd try contacting Senn CS if thats the case

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,609 of 2,535
First post on the XDP-300r here... just got mine this week and love it. The sound is a significant step up from my iPhone X + DFR. Am using it primarily for Tidal offline listening and have a couple questions:

1) I understand balanced output works with the native app - but what about the Tidal app? I’m thinking about having my headphone cable converted to the 2.5 plug, but won’t if I can’t take advantage of the balanced output with Tidal...

2) It seems that UApp, which I purchased, does not allow for Tidal offline listening - can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #1,610 of 2,535
First post on the XDP-300r here... just got mine this week and love it. The sound is a significant step up from my iPhone X + DFR. Am using it primarily for Tidal offline listening and have a couple questions:

1) I understand balanced output works with the native app - but what about the Tidal app? I’m thinking about having my headphone cable converted to the 2.5 plug, but won’t if I can’t take advantage of the balanced output with Tidal...

2) It seems that UApp, which I purchased, does not allow for Tidal offline listening - can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!
As far as I can tell, it does work with the Tidal app as I listen in balanced to Tidal offline and there is definitely an increase in power etc. UAPP, sadly, cannot play tidal offline....only streaming. Also, with the current update to UAPP, the volume has dropped considerably on the XDP and they can't seem to figure it out (at least it has on mine) making it pretty unusable. Give it a go on yours and see if you get the same issue. You'll have to make a quick switch over to Tidal app to see this difference.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,612 of 2,535
As far as I can tell, it does work with the Tidal app as I listen in balanced to Tidal offline and there is definitely an increase in power etc. UAPP, sadly, cannot play tidal offline....only streaming. Also, with the current update to UAPP, the volume has dropped considerably on the XDP and they can't seem to figure it out (at least it has on mine) making it pretty unusable. Give it a go on yours and see if you get the same issue. You'll have to make a quick switch over to Tidal app to see this difference.

Thanks for that. Here’s a follow-up: Does anyone know whether things sound better from:

a) Native app with balanced output, or
b) UApp with unbalanced output?

I’m listening on Westone W60, FYI.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #1,614 of 2,535
Thanks for that. Here’s a follow-up: Does anyone know whether things sound better from:

a) Native app with balanced output, or
b) UApp with unbalanced output?

I’m listening on Westone W60, FYI.
Native app or Neutron with Balanced Out lol

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,615 of 2,535
Actually went back and tried Uapp. I was getting that static noise too, said the HiRes Driver was Auto so I changed to 32 Bit Float like Cider did but that just said "No HiRes Driver detected" so I went back to Auto. Works fine now. Using balanced out. Actually sounds really clean and I like the UI of UApp

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,616 of 2,535
Actually went back and tried Uapp. I was getting that static noise too, said the HiRes Driver was Auto so I changed to 32 Bit Float like Cider did but that just said "No HiRes Driver detected" so I went back to Auto. Works fine now. Using balanced out. Actually sounds really clean and I like the UI of UApp

Hmm.. is that with 4.2.0? 4.2.0 plays a half a second of silence on the Android driver to get the hardware buttons working (always worked for me without, but anyway!) and hopefully would get the impedance 'corrected', but I guess it didn't do the latter if you are on 4.2.0.

Apr 7, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #1,617 of 2,535
Hmm.. is that with 4.2.0? 4.2.0 plays a half a second of silence on the Android driver to get the hardware buttons working (always worked for me without, but anyway!) and hopefully would get the impedance 'corrected', but I guess it didn't do the latter if you are on 4.2.0.
Was on 4.1.9, just updated. Of course it was already working fine besides that first mishap on old FW.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #1,618 of 2,535
I'm about to start reading all 108 pages of this thread, but I have to ask:

Is the XDP-300R worth it? I'm coming from a FiiO X5 3rd Gen.

It's currently selling on e-earphone for 40,000 yen (about $380 USD). Even after using a forwarding service and shipping to where I am, it'd probably end up costing just $450 USD. I'd like to know before I take the plunge.

edit: never mind, looks like it's been on sale for about $300 quite often. I'll just look around for that

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #1,619 of 2,535
I'm getting mine in the mail tomorrow, is there any settings you think are important or any other advice. Thanks!!

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #1,620 of 2,535
I'm getting mine in the mail tomorrow, is there any settings you think are important or any other advice. Thanks!!
Install USB Audio Player Pro and uninstall pretty much all apps you won't use as to save battery life. Disable all stock apps that you can't uninstall that you won't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back