Pioneer U-05 USB DAC/amp with dual ES9016

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by seeteeyou, Jun 16, 2014.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
  1. Limu Shirin
    Hi, No because it doesn't have any RCA or XLR stereo inputs. and It's basically
    a preamp.

2. Limu Shirin
    anybody else getting background hiss with sensetive cans or IEMs or is itjust my unit?

3. tonehk
    Can somebody confirm that using U-05 as USB DAC with Mac OSX is working with no problems. i see from the pioneer website there is a driver for Mac OS which is quite unusual as all DACs i have used so far are driverless for Mac. Thanks

4. Shure or bust
    So go oppo ha-1 in a heart beat ? Due to poor amp section

5. Hikoki
    Seems like this thread is long dead. But I'll give it a go anyway. Has anyone been using the Pioneer with the Chromecast Audio and it's optical in? If yes, how does it sound?
    Thanks a bunch to anyone willing to respond,

6. Cornan
    I now use a Brooklyn DAC, but I did try the ChromeCast Audio with optical in. It sounded much better than expected, but I did have a bunch of other stuff too to optimize SQ. Here are some of them:

1. CCA (with Chord C-Lite toshlink)+TP-Link UE300 wireless adapter+OTG power splitter+TP-Link DSG-105. Al powered by a single floating SMPS (Gophert csp-3205II) plus LT3045 voltage regs in series via a DC terminal.
    2. BubbleDS Next and BubbleUPnP Server installed on Android tablet controlling CCA.
    3. All devices plugged into a Peaktech 2240+ATL DC Blocker trap filter+PowerWalker BlueWalker AVR 1200VA.

Like this it sounded just great! :)

PS. since I am not active on Head-Fi my setup here is totally wrong. My CA profile is updated though. DS.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  7. Hikoki
    Oh dear me, how on earth have you accumulated so much gear . Sounds overwhelming and overcomplicated for my needs! ☺️ I just want to keep things as simple as possible. Kind of along the lines of the simplicity of CCA. So in my scenario I basically just stream Spotify Premium and my own flac music off my tablet using CCA enabled music player into my ifi iCan which works well with my DT880 600.My only concern has been what an outboard DAC I should add in the chain to possibly improve the SQ of the analog output of the CCA. I have tried Dacs before including the the well-regarded Schiit Modi multibit. However, I did not really hear much if any increase difference in SQ compared to the CCA analogue out, which honestly gave me a bit of surprise. Hence my inquiry as to the quality of the Pioneer.
    Anyway, thank you a lot for taking the time to reply and have a great holiday. ☺️

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  8. Cornan
    Yeah, it was complicated alright! Unfortunately there is very few short-cuts for a great sound. However, if you want to make the most of CCA I can recommend that you atleast buy the iFi SPDIF iPurifier. Without it you will not come close to something like Auralic Aries Mini or similar.

A Happy New Year! :)

9. mark44
    hi

Please, I need help.
    I connect win 10 and pioneer, via a usb cable.
    If I turn on the PC and the amp, (setting it on the USB input) and open an audio file, I do not hear anything.
    But strangely if I leave that audio file open for half an hour or more, at some point it starts to work.

I think it's a software problem
    Please help

Thank you
    Regards

10. Marshal Banana
    I have the same problem since several weeks now. I have to wait about half an hour before the amp get recognized by my computer. I'm under Windows 7. It's a very strange issue like the DAC need some kind of warm up before being able to work.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10