pioneer se m390 vs beyerdynamic dt990
May 4, 2012 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
did very little listening but the m390 despite the big difference in price seems to match or at least comes close to the dt990 in performance. so are my ears bad or is the m390 just a very good deal? 

May 4, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, you hear what you hear, but I have to tell you that I've also compared these two and found that the Pioneer is not a high fidelity headphone in any way, shape or form... Mainly, it lacked detail, had almost no soundstage. It was pretty comfortable though. That fake bass port is also ridiculous, no idea why they did that....

May 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 6
I have not heard the m390. I owned the dt990 for six months. Loved it. Still regret selling. Quality top to bottom. Would buy it again in a second, if that helps you.

gL!!

May 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Well, you hear what you hear, but I have to tell you that I've also compared these two and found that the Pioneer is not a high fidelity headphone in any way, shape or form... Mainly, it lacked detail, had almost no soundstage. It was pretty comfortable though. That fake bass port is also ridiculous, no idea why they did that....

thanks for the input, ill listen more and again. 

May 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

actually yes, i do think the dt990 has the higher fidelity sound that the m390 doesnt have but for the soundstage, i dont think my dt990 has a big soundstage neither though i still believe its slightly bigger than the m390. at least not with my source (iPod Classic 160gbs 7th Gen) and my amp (FiiO e17 Alpen) and according to my ears. did you use a really crazy setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back