Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Oct 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #242 of 530
Which tips are you using?

I modded the stock tips! the only thing that makes it have a bad seal and bad comfort are the fins underneath the tips. sound-wise it has the best treble response due to the appropriate nozzle size. almost all aftermarket tips ive tried tames the highs a bit. Bad seal with stock tips gives you recessed midrange which is what most people experience.

mykeldg said:
Just modded the Stock Silicone tips. I removed the fins underneath the medium & large tips. The results are positive. It seals better now and its alot more comfortable. Before I can only use the small tips. Now I can even use the large with no issues in comfort & seal. Due to the better seal and appropriate bore size, sound improved as well, much better than all silicone & foam tips i've tried. almost all aftermarket foam & silicone tips have less than 6mm nozzle size. IMO fitting a smaller bore size tip affects resolution & subtleties in the treble.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #243 of 530
i actually enjoy the senn momentum, which is very v-shaped, with a big stage and is easy to listen to for long periods; but the pio is much better technically--more coherent and natural sounding, esp. in the treble. i'd also rate the pio higher than the sony xba h1/h2, which also sound big and image well, but sound overbright to me. bass is also better detailed on the pio.
thats interesting i always though senn and Sony were on top in this game.

what about the sony mh1c? or the sony ex650ap? Sony only has the wireless really nailed down.

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #244 of 530
Pioneer beats those two Sonys hands down. It's in another league altogether. One might still like the MH1 for its particular and unique sound sig though. As for the EX650 I don't think it stands to anything semi-decent those days.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #245 of 530
Pioneer beats those two Sonys hands down. It's in another league altogether. One might still like the MH1 for its particular and unique sound sig though. As for the EX650 I don't think it stands to anything semi-decent those days.
from memory i'd agree that the pioneer is on another level or two from the mh1--much better resolution--haven't heard the ex650. as for the higher end senns, i've only owned the ie80, which i sold a few years ago--i remember it being v-shaped, smooth and big sounding, with a lot of bass, but i can't categorically say that it would beat the pioneer in a heads-up match today.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #247 of 530
Debating on selling my CH9T :thinking: If I get a fair price. In the U.S. if anyone is interested they can shoot me a PM.

Just checked btw, box is perfect and been in the drawer with the tips and such still in their little zip bag(used JVC tips from the get go). Even still have the little white paper wrap for the cord. I will upgrade the pouch as well...
upload_2017-10-24_19-3-2.png

...to an Elecom squeeze to open style pouch still in it's bag :)

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #248 of 530
Oct 25, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #249 of 530

from memory i'd agree that the pioneer is on another level or two from the mh1--much better resolution--haven't heard the ex650. as for the higher end senns, i've only owned the ie80, which i sold a few years ago--i remember it being v-shaped, smooth and big sounding, with a lot of bass, but i can't categorically say that it would beat the pioneer in a heads-up match today.

i usually rely on what hifi reviews for stuff so i was interested in the ex650 since tehy were highly rated by waht hifi. Granted they are pretty old maybe they are sucessors now. It definitely loks nice though in design wise. How doe these pioneers compare to sennheisers thogh like the momentum in ears.

i've also looked at focal sphears around the same price which are also highly rated.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #250 of 530
Debating on selling my CH9T :thinking: If I get a fair price. In the U.S. if anyone is interested they can shoot me a PM.

Just checked btw, box is perfect and been in the drawer with the tips and such still in their little zip bag(used JVC tips from the get go). Even still have the little white paper wrap for the cord. I will upgrade the pouch as well...

...to an Elecom squeeze to open style pouch still in it's bag :)

Give in @slowpickr :D

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #251 of 530
i usually rely on what hifi reviews for stuff so i was interested in the ex650 since tehy were highly rated by waht hifi. Granted they are pretty old maybe they are sucessors now. It definitely loks nice though in design wise. How doe these pioneers compare to sennheisers thogh like the momentum in ears.

i've also looked at focal sphears around the same price which are also highly rated.
My friend has the sphears and ch9t. He sold the sphears :D quick impression was sphears are too bright and thin compared to pioneers and not in a good, natural kind of way.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #252 of 530
My friend has the sphears and ch9t. He sold the sphears :D quick impression was sphears are too bright and thin compared to pioneers and not in a good, natural kind of way.
what about the highly rated 1more triple drivers?

im surprised he said the pioneers are better since focals make the best speakers in the world. maybe in time they will make amazing headphones and earphones.

so the pioneers are that good? i thought pioneers werent relevant anymore xd. But i also hear good things about the Sony xBA series and EX series as well as the sennheieser momentum.

What about the RHA MA750?

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #253 of 530
Oct 25, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #254 of 530

im surprised he said the pioneers are better since focals make the best speakers in the world. maybe in time they will make amazing headphones and earphones.

so the pioneers are that good? i thought pioneers werent relevant anymore xd. But i also hear good things about the Sony xBA series and EX series as well as the sennheieser momentum.

Think again. Pioneer SE-Master1

Looks like you should check out other players as well and not only the mainstream players.

BTW, I have tried the 1More Triple drivers and they sounded too V-shaped for me. Overall bass were too much for my preference, mids were kinda okay, and treble sounded a bit artificial/processed or unnatural. There are now many alternatives that if not better, sounds more preferable than the 1More.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #255 of 530

Sphears and Momentum in-ears aren't flagship products of respective brands. The CH9t on the other hand is Pioneer's latest and top of the line iem for now. I didn't really cared for them until I heard them. Word of caution though, stock tips dont seal well so 1st impression always have recessed mids.

I have the momentum but it is the Full sized headphone version instead of in-ears. The CH9t has a more fun sound. momentum over ears are more flat and mature sounding--fuller mids, and can go much louder without fatigue. That said, I still tend to pick the ch9t over it due to the the pioneer's very musical signature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back