Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Jan 31, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #496 of 530
Are these still the filters to buy? I don't see size options

If it’s not listed under stock or color, then you can leave the seller a message when you place an order.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #497 of 530
If it’s not listed under stock or color, then you can leave the seller a message when you place an order.
Found these and they list sizes. Gonna order some 5mm, should be good for 9T and the CCA 10 I believe

US $4.50 10%OFF | 30 pcs Dust ear headphones ear duct network silvered steel mesh filter gum never rust belt
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/W6rbDs8

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #499 of 530
Evening all.
What's everyone's recommendations for 2.5mm balanced cables for these iem's?

Looking to pair them up with a Pioneer XDP-300R

I like silver plated more than others for the CH9Ts

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #501 of 530
Sep 6, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #502 of 530
вместо сеток на сопло-губка в наушник. Маленький кусок
Поменять легко. Звук проходит свободно. Наушники очень удобные. Звук хороший для динам.

Yes, you’re right. Using foam in the ear tip is a good modification. I have done that modification to some other earphones.

Oct 8, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #504 of 530
Thought I'd put this here in case anyone is interested - I think I found authentic SE-CH5BL for a price of $16 from a US seller. They are like the SE-CH9T (same drivers) but have a plastic housing and a non-removable *balanced cable* with 2.5mm TRRS connector. The original retail price was $90. There is a discussion of this over in a thread I started in the new user / advice and recommendations forum. The conversation of the SE-CH5BL starts here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-here-looking-for-100-iem-recommendation.916115/#post-15222963

~ Jon

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #505 of 530
Thought I'd put this here in case anyone is interested - I think I found authentic SE-CH5BL for a price of $16 from a US seller. They are like the SE-CH9T (same drivers) but have a plastic housing and a non-removable *balanced cable* with 2.5mm TRRS connector. The original retail price was $90. There is a discussion of this over in a thread I started in the new user / advice and recommendations forum. The conversation of the SE-CH5BL starts here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-here-looking-for-100-iem-recommendation.916115/#post-15222963

~ Jon

Thanks for the info! I ordered a pair, and will be able to directly compare them to my CH9T, as well as test out the balanced portion to make sure that’s all as it should be.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #506 of 530
Well, I tried the Auvio medium tips as suggested to me by @Slater . Comfort is slightly improved, but isolation suffers. I think the "fins" on the stock tips must collapse upon insertion and create a better (tighter) seal, which also creates discomfort. The bore of the Auvio tips is about 4.5 mm, while the bore of the stock tips is about 6.0 mm, so the Auvio tips are hard to get on the nozzles, but possible. The Auvio tips are deeper by a 1-2 mm, but again, isolation not so good.

I wonder, might SpinFit CP155 or another tip be a better option?

...or CP500?

~ Jon

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #507 of 530
Well, I tried the Auvio medium tips as suggested to me by @Slater . Comfort is slightly improved, but isolation suffers. I think the "fins" on the stock tips must collapse upon insertion and create a better (tighter) seal, which also creates discomfort. The bore of the Auvio tips is about 4.5 mm, while the bore of the stock tips is about 6.0 mm, so the Auvio tips are hard to get on the nozzles, but possible. The Auvio tips are deeper by a 1-2 mm, but again, isolation not so good.

I wonder, might SpinFit CP155 or another tip be a better option?

...or CP500?

~ Jon

Fitment update! I am now using these with the large Auvio tips, and seal and bass are greatly improved. Only slightly uncomfortable, but I think I will get used to it. I usually use size medium tips of most varieties, but since all my other IEMs to this point are very small ones that I can almost insert the IEM itself into my ear canal (e.g. Sony MDR-EX110, MH755, etc), I can get a deeper insertion and hence use a smaller tip. Since the CH5BL sit in the concha of the ear, they cannot be inserted as deep, and hence a larger tip fits the outer portion of my ear canal better. I am still planning on ordering several different types of Spinfits in M and L sizes to try with these and other IEMs.

~ Jon

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #508 of 530
Fitment update! I am now using these with the large Auvio tips, and seal and bass are greatly improved. Only slightly uncomfortable, but I think I will get used to it. I usually use size medium tips of most varieties, but since all my other IEMs to this point are very small ones that I can almost insert the IEM itself into my ear canal (e.g. Sony MDR-EX1100, MH755, etc), I can get a deeper insertion and hence use a smaller tip. Since the CH5BL sit in the concha of the ear, they cannot be inserted as deep, and hence a larger tip fits the outer portion of my ear canal better. I am still planning on ordering several different types of Spinfits in M and L sizes to try with these and other IEMs.

~ Jon

For this very same reason I use the largest stock tips. They match very well my concha size and are rock stable with an ear-guided cable. No need for deep insert at all unlike a lot of other IEMs.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #509 of 530
Bought this iem from Amazon Warehouse at 30€. Currently using them with FOAM tips (the only ones that stay longer in my ears).
I can't say that they sound overall bad but there is a big problem in the mid-high frequencies. In particular all the snare drums sounds horrible and unnatural, the attack of the toms same. Voices are affected and electric guitars sound very harsh.
I'd like to know if anyone have tried a bit of eq and can tell me at what frequency is this spike that make mids sounds not neutral. Maybe with a bit of EQ I can make them sound decently. I guess it is around 3/4 khz
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #510 of 530
Bought this iem from Amazon Warehouse at 30€. Currently using them with FOAM tips (the only ones that stay longer in my ears).
I can't say that they sound overall bad but there is a big problem in the mid-high frequencies. In particular all the snare drums sounds horrible and unnatural, the attack of the toms same. Voices are affected and electric guitars sound very harsh.
I'd like to know if anyone have tried a bit of eq and can tell me at what frequency is this spike that make mids sounds not neutral. Maybe with a bit of EQ I can make them sound decently.
Thanks a lot

What you’re describing sounds nothing like what mine sound like.

I wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Whomever had them before you sent them back and that’s why they were on Amazon Warehouse?

You can also try peeling off just the black fabric layer of the eartip nozzle. There is a stainless mesh underneath the black fabric. They are stacked on top of one another, like cheese on a hamburger. The black fabric layer kind of muffles the sound IMO.

You really don’t ha be anything to lose. If you save them on a piece of wax baking paper, you can put the black fabric filter back onto the nozzle if you prefer the original sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back