Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #511 of 530
What you’re describing sounds nothing like what mine sound like.

I wonder if there is something wrong with yours? Whomever had them before you sent them back and that’s why they were on Amazon Warehouse?

You can also try peeling off just the black fabric layer of the eartip nozzle. There is a stainless mesh underneath the black fabric. They are stacked on top of one another, like cheese on a hamburger. The black fabric layer kind of muffles the sound IMO.

You really don’t ha be anything to lose. If you save them on a piece of wax baking paper, you can put the black fabric filter back onto the nozzle if you prefer the original sound.
I have receiver them with neither the black layer nor the stainless mesh. The nozzle is completely empty. Can be this that affectd the sound?

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #512 of 530
I have receiver them with neither the black layer nor the stainless mesh. The nozzle is completely empty. Can be this that affectd the sound?

So you’re saying that when you remove the eartip, that the nozzle is a totally open hole that you can look down inside of?

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #514 of 530
Correct as you said

Hmmm, I would be suspicious then. Something could have fallen down inside the nozzle and messed up the driver diaphragm. Or someone could have been poking around inside.

Either way, the fact that the nozzle is totally open and the earphone sounds like crap - that’s a red flag IMO.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #515 of 530
Hmmm, I would be suspicious then. Something could have fallen down inside the nozzle and messed up the driver diaphragm. Or someone could have been poking around inside.

Either way, the fact that the nozzle is totally open and the earphone sounds like crap - that’s a red flag IMO.
I mean, without eq they sounds like a pair of 30€ iem, not 100€. With EQ -2.5 around 4khz, -1 at 2khz, and -1.5 at 16khz they sound more neutral. Overall it does not seem to sound as a faulty iem. Maybe I should try to cut a small piece of cloth and put it between the tip and the nozzle to "emulate" the black layer of the fabric to check if the sound changes (and to protect the driver too)

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #516 of 530
I mean, without eq they sounds like a pair of 30€ iem, not 100€. With EQ -2.5 around 4khz, -1 at 2khz, and -1.5 at 16khz they sound more neutral. Overall it does not seem to sound as a faulty iem. Maybe I should try to cut a small piece of cloth and put it between the tip and the nozzle to "emulate" the black layer of the fabric to check if the sound changes (and to protect the driver too)

Sure, you can try that. You can also buy the stainless nozzle mesh as well as the black fabric nozzle mesh on Aliexpress. It only costs a few pennies each.

If you want to recreate the stock configuration, order a pair of each. Then put the stainless mesh onto the nozzle 1st, followed by the black fabric filter on top of that.

Or, do like I do and just use the stainless mesh by itself.

With that said, if you just don’t like the tuning of the CH9T, then the nozzle mesh isn’t going to work miracles.

I would at least contact Amazon and see if you can get a partial refund, since there’s parts missing. You would be totally justified.

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #517 of 530
Sure, you can try that. You can also buy the stainless nozzle mesh as well as the black fabric nozzle mesh on Aliexpress. It only costs a few pennies each.

If you want to recreate the stock configuration, order a pair of each. Then put the stainless mesh onto the nozzle 1st, followed by the black fabric filter on top of that.

Or, do like I do and just use the stainless mesh by itself.

With that said, if you just don’t like the tuning of the CH9T, then the nozzle mesh isn’t going to work miracles.

I would at least contact Amazon and see if you can get a partial refund, since there’s parts missing. You would be totally justified.

You can get a full refund from Amazon also if everything is ok so it's not a problem. Just tried to EQ them and put a cloth mesh but nothing it's a timbre problem more than a frequency one, this means harmonic distortion. I think I'm going to give them back tand try to find another good iem model :frowning2:

Jun 2, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #523 of 530
Comparing a dynamic driver IEM to a Planar fullsize doesn't really make sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back