Pioneer SE-CH9T - Premium In-Ear Headphones
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #286 of 530
images
images
images
upload_2017-10-28_14-33-2.jpeg

Never even changed the cable myself but seen plenty of pics and no mention of "regular" MMCX not working. I read of the spring in the connector being strong and perhaps better to poke to depress it if changing the cable out often to be safe. Actually pulled on the connector one time and was kinda scared to give more force than i was so I can confirm they lock in there quite well :)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #287 of 530
Presumably, the EO-IG955 I bought are the same as those that come with the S8. I buy them from an eBay seller so can't be 100% sure. What is sure however is that they have superb sound quality and at the £6 I get them for, their price to performance ratio is largely above everything else I've got.

From what I've read there should be no difference in sound between B&O H3 first and second gen but not having tried both I cannot say for sure, mine are those LG gave away a while back (HSS-F800) and I don't know what generation they are anyway. You can find those for quite cheap on eBay sometimes.

Sorry for drifting a bit of-topic guys.
Agree with you about those S8 earphones. They came with my S8 and at first they didn't really impress me. I used them with stock tips as beaters, but later I lost one of the tips, so I replaced them with some spare spiral dot tips and they started to sound really good. Maybe it was because I got a better seal with them. They offer really nice bass, detail and seperation.

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #288 of 530
images
images
images

Never even changed the cable myself but seen plenty of pics and no mention of "regular" MMCX not working. I read of the spring in the connector being strong and perhaps better to poke to depress it if changing the cable out often to be safe. Actually pulled on the connector one time and was kinda scared to give more force than i was so I can confirm they lock in there quite well :)

Probably is that spring is too strong but I've read that excessive strength is need it to connect and disconnect other cables and then original cables does not fit so strong

Oct 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #289 of 530
Kz spc cables work well. Very secure fit thats better than the stock.

Ve spc cables do fit but are less secure than stock cable.(they fall out on mine with light pressure)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #290 of 530
I've attached plenty of cables to mine, only one that didn't attach is the AKG N40 cable.

Oct 28, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #291 of 530
Presumably, the EO-IG955 I bought are the same as those that come with the S8. I buy them from an eBay seller so can't be 100% sure. What is sure however is that they have superb sound quality and at the £6 I get them for, their price to performance ratio is largely above everything else I've got.

From what I've read there should be no difference in sound between B&O H3 first and second gen but not having tried both I cannot say for sure, mine are those LG gave away a while back (HSS-F800) and I don't know what generation they are anyway. You can find those for quite cheap on eBay sometimes.

Sorry for drifting a bit of-topic guys.
its not that off topic but i jut wanted to see good other earphones are compared to this. Cuz pioneer is not a name thrown around when one talks about headphone quality you know what im saying. i think the B&O earphones taht come with the new v30 might be better than the s8

Oct 28, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #292 of 530
Brand is not a guarantee of quality, Pioneer is not and unknown brand and there is many headphones without a famous brand on it with very good quality

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #293 of 530
its not that off topic but i jut wanted to see good other earphones are compared to this. Cuz pioneer is not a name thrown around when one talks about headphone quality you know what im saying. i think the B&O earphones taht come with the new v30 might be better than the s8
From pics I have seen they look exactly the same as those that are out since about a year and if there has been no internal changes they are just another variation of the Quadbeat 3 with a new housing and a tuning by B&O. I have a pair of those and they sound very similar to the Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG. Compared to the S8 AKG (and the CH9T), they seem to lack subbass and treble extension and feel less detailed, they are still good and clear sounding but are just not as good as the two former. Of the three variations I like the original Quadbeat 3 the most.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #294 of 530
Received my CH9T at first I was abit down, impressed by how clear the mids were and the airy soundstage. But I wonder why I had so little bass and treble extension. No bass slam and cymbals presentation just sounded messy. (I thought I had a good seal but nope.)

So I decided push the iems further into my ears so that it is sitting fully snuged in my ears. Wow this is when the magic kicks in. Plenty of sub bass but not over done. Treble hits are clear, I still feel there is a spike around 4k Hz. Soundstage still feels very airy realise for the treble to shine it you need to crank up the volume knob. Feels like the CH9T will do well amped. Can't wait for this iem to burn in further.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #295 of 530
Nov 1, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #297 of 530
How does the CH9T compare with quality bassie earphones like the 'woodie' JVC HA FX850 in soundstage and clarity? And the Sony XB90EX? I have both earphones, but searching for more detail and better treble and sondstage like the FIIO EX1.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #298 of 530
Brand is not a guarantee of quality, Pioneer is not and unknown brand and there is many headphones without a famous brand on it with very good quality
yes this can be true. quality is not always exclusive to brands, but sometimes it is and its easier for people to trrust brands with reputation rather than some unheard of one. Granted im sure AKG wasnt always mainstream or whatever. With taht said pioneer isn't exactly unheard of in audio equipment either way.

this seems like a good earphone and might buy it.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #299 of 530
How would these iems be for various types of metal?

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #300 of 530
20171109_083816-01.jpeg

Awesome improvement if you get that perfect fit (not perfect seal) that you're looking for. A lot of tip rolling was done before I could say I'm settled to these wide bore small sized tips. I usually use medium for all other IEMs I have but since the CH9T has an unusually large nozzle, the small tips were the ones that gave me the best comfort, seal/isolation, and sound. I'm sure this won't be the case for others since we have different ear anatomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back