Pioneer SE-A1000 (Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?)
Jul 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #76 of 1,082
Well i play fps games so I'm going to need directional locating of people. Don't play mmorpg

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #78 of 1,082
...Which they are quite good at?

._.

I play GunZ, Doom, and Q3A.... Directional positioning is very important.

Didn't mean you don't play fps games. Lol just some people think anything with good "chat/talk" is good gaming headphones.

Have ya tried other gaming headphones? Are these comparable to any you tried?

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #80 of 1,082
I just bought a pair... And I don't think this counts against my promise not to buy anything till after the meet! :p

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #81 of 1,082
Quote:
The mids are not recessed. 
smile.gif
  Justification acquired, please proceed.

LOL, you slay me...

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #83 of 1,082
Just saw that my pair were delivered today. Now only to make this commuter train move faster! Everyone off at the next stop... I need an express! Goodness I love 2 day free shipping.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #84 of 1,082
Quote:
I just bought a pair... And I don't think this counts against my promise not to buy anything till after the meet!
tongue.gif
Quote:
The mids are not recessed. 
smile.gif
  Justification acquired, please proceed.

LOL, you slay me...

Nah, can never pass up a good bargain right? 
smile.gif
  Seriously though, cheap open cans with even halfway-decent opinions are instabuys.  I did that with the K240 and it remains one of my best headphone-related purchases.  No regrets.

I mean, if that's his only reason for holding back, no need to have Argy suffer needlessly right?

BTW bro, if you do the headband mod, you're gonna want to pull the straps down a LOT.  I'm thinking maybe 2 inches on each side.  Not saying that you got a small head or anything, but hair gives me some traction/grip that you won't be experiencing on your end.

Quote:
Oh god, gaming headsets........ used to idol the turtlebeachs when I was younger.. so sad

There's actually a line in my profile, "...and a whole bunch of TRULY hideous lo-fi stuff I'd like to forget about," that specifically deals with my past experiences in this regard. 
frown.gif

Quote:
Just saw that my pair were delivered today. Now only to make this commuter train move faster! Everyone off at the next stop... I need an express! Goodness I love 2 day free shipping.

Are you gonna be patient and do the mod first, or rip into it like a junkie needing a fix? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #85 of 1,082
Are you gonna be patient and do the mod first, or rip into it like a junkie needing a fix?  :D

They aren't mutually exclusive! I'm gonna rip into it like a junkie to mod that bad boy!

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #86 of 1,082
I always try headphones stock before doing any mods but I will keep that thought in mind... I also have some L cushions on the way for my grado sr60is speaking of cheap open cans lol. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #87 of 1,082
Quote:
Wow, kinda want to tell Beagle about this. He and I were chatting about the SE-A1000 - and the lack of interest in it - around this time last year. Boy will he be surprised to see this all of a sudden.

Yes, these were nice headphones and I was so grateful to warrenpchi for letting me know about the mod and guiding me through the process. Unfortunately, I don't own them anymore but may reacquire them at some point.

Oh, one more thing, the cord length is indicated as 6m, but that means 6 miles. It goes on forever. You can plug it into your home amp and go take out the garbage to the street.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #88 of 1,082
, one more thing, the cord length is indicated as 6m, but that means 6 miles. It goes on forever. You can plug it into your home amp and go take out the garbage to the street.

Too bad it doesn't come stock with a built in coil like those flexi leashes for dogs.

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #89 of 1,082
I just grabbed the last two pairs from Amazon UK. OK not as cheap as in the USA, but still peanuts really. Why two? Well why have one if you can have two at twice the price? Especially this price 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #90 of 1,082
Quote:
Oh, one more thing, the cord length is indicated as 6m, but that means 6 miles. It goes on forever. You can plug it into your home amp and go take out the garbage to the street.

I literally laughed out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back