Pioneer SE-2
Jun 3, 2011 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Formerly affiliated with HiFi Headphones
well a few weeks ago i noticed my school had some old Pioneer SE-2's and asked if i could have them. Well one teacher said no because they could be something to do with the school radio, but the librarian pulled me aside and gave them to me today, and told me to keep quiet. I know they are not high end, but it will be interesting to try them. Will post impressions and pics soon.

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 3
We look forward for impressions on your vintage babies, 
tongue.gif

i've heard they are uncomfortable.  

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 3
well first impressions:

they are not uncomfortable, for me that is.

The build is nice and simple

the sound:

well they dont sound half as bad as i thought they would, i was pleasently surprised. They have nice lows, which have fairly good extension, well defined, not a lot of impact but bass drums sound realistic and bass guitar just sounds damn right amazing
the mids are very smooth, but very slightly recessed, and theres a hint of silibance in the upper mids. The lows dont bleed alot into the mids.
The highs, are nice, non fatiguing but slightly veiled, but with nice detail and still some sparkle.

The soundtsage is good so far, but they are open backed so...

The imaging is very nicely done.

Overall im quite impressed by these vintage cans. Slightly leaning towards the bassier side of things but they are not bad at all.

Will post pics and a more complete impressions next week, after more listening time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back