Pioneer HDJ - X10. Top Pioneer Headphones
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

JoaquinBenabentos

New Head-Fier
I would like to create a thread of this headphones because I don't see so much thing about them in here. I was a user of Sennheriser HD280 PRO, then i bought the Sennheiser HD 25. I was not satisfied by anyone of these headphones. The HD25 are over ear, i didin't like the feel, they don't isolate well the sound because of this fact.

Both Sennheiser headphones improve a lot with burn in, after 70/100 hours the sound was waaay better.

Now, i boght the Pioneer HDJ X10 or X-10 and they are millons miles away from the sennheriser's... the isolation is incredible, if someone speak to me, even in low volumes i can't hear a thing. They have a lot of space between instrumens and the bass i think that with a lit of burn in will improve even more, but is amazing.

I strongly recomend this headphones. I also think that de x7 may be a better choice than the HD 25, in terms of sound and construction.

Really happy with this ones!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 23
I can't believe that anyone have this headphones in here. Anyway, I update the post by adding that right now, with more ore less 30 to 40 hours of burn in an hearing the bass is more powerfull and round in the ears. The inmersión in the headphone is incredible. I really never listen to a headphone with this kind of sound before. The treble with burn in start to be even less harsh so they are a kill for audiphiles who enjoy listening to high quality music.

I keep it up when i reach +100 hours, i think the bass is still going to get better.

Attachments

• xdj x10.jpg
    xdj x10.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 0
Sep 7, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 23
I think i am talking alone haha, but for the record, now, passing the 110/120 hours of listening, the treble is less harsh, sounding excelent in my taste, and the bass, in all frequencies is really cool. It's radically diferent now with burn in that it was at the beggining.

The bass is mind blowing in electronic music.

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 23
Thanks for impressions.
People most likely don't give it serious consideration because of its position, headphones for DJ. You might get more attention through comparison with other popular closed-back headphones:slight_smile:

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #6 of 23
I think i am talking alone haha, but for the record, now, passing the 110/120 hours of listening, the treble is less harsh, sounding excelent in my taste, and the bass, in all frequencies is really cool. It's radically diferent now with burn in that it was at the beggining.

The bass is mind blowing in electronic music.
I was looking for these ... Do u have any photos to share so i can see the build quality ?
Also are these comfortable and when u say harsh highs compare to what ? For example to 990pro ? HD25?

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 23
Ha! When I was choosing my DJ Cans, I literally skipped these because I couldn’t get any signal about how they were tuned. Definitely not encouraged by the comments around the treble becoming “less harsh”

FWIW, huge fan of the JBL Club One for DJ Duties

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #8 of 23
I'm a treble hater, so i'm no reference, but i don't think they are harsh at all in comparison with another headphones. For me de HD25 are barely imposible to use more than 2 hours because they literally hurt my ears with the mids and trebles. I still own de X10, they are the beast headphones i ever listen to.

They are really really confortable because they have enormous pads that cover all your ears without touching them. Built quality 10/10, they look indestructible.

Apr 9, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #10 of 23
UNBELIEVABLE BASS. Word is not enough.
I bought this headphone Yesterday I have 1 question. Bass is excellent but in music there are 3 level at bass: Sub bass, mid bass and high bass line.
Is sub bass clear in this headphone? I can feel it but im not sure If I can hear it exactly. mid bass and high bass is perfect.
Im gonna try to boost Sub bass with EQ today and to see what will be happened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back