Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Sep 24, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #166 of 382
Nice tip I remember seeing in a number of threads. Get the pink noise track (from a site like binkster.net), use any audio tool to setup a single track, just over an hour long, consisting of:
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence

Save it as a single track and either burn in to CD (if that is your source); use the raw WAV file or encode to FLAC if the PC is your source. Put on the track and leave it on repeat.

Apparently the drivers and other components can get quite hot so continuous pink noise for hours on end may not be ideal, so the 2 minutes silence in between gives a little bit of a respite.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #167 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently the drivers and other components can get quite hot so continuous pink noise for hours on end may not be ideal, so the 2 minutes silence in between gives a little bit of a respite.

Is that really true?

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #168 of 382
It gets hot? Thats bad, was thinking of burning in my new headphones in the box over a couple of days, the box helps keep dust away
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #169 of 382
I do not know how sound can damage drivers? If its not very loud and clipping.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #170 of 382
I have been trying the pink noise machine for about 4 hours total, with 20min on 2min off.

I have been using my headfive for many many hours before I did this, but when listening to it now after the pink noise, everything feels opened up. Really strange. The bass increased in quantity, the soundstage and separation increased greatly as well as the warmth. The mating with the ms2s increased a lot. Night and day... NIGHT....AND....DAY... Or do I just imagining things?

Very strange. Is my ears playing tricks on me? I mean, can an amp with more than 1000 hours on it burn in even more?

Aw well. I like!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #171 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice tip I remember seeing in a number of threads. Get the pink noise track (from a site like binkster.net), use any audio tool to setup a single track, just over an hour long, consisting of:
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence
- 20 minutes pink noise
- 2 minutes silence

Save it as a single track and either burn in to CD (if that is your source); use the raw WAV file or encode to FLAC if the PC is your source. Put on the track and leave it on repeat.

Is it better to do one big long track or multiple ones? Sure is easier to throw in 2/20/2/20 into nero than using audacity to manually make a long one
icon10.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #174 of 382
I've put 1 minute of Pink Noise on a 'burn-in' MD, I use it overnight.
I am certain it would stress out a CD drive to be playing constantly for X hours? Even if its not, if my MD fails, I don't care.
I also have the 5 minute track off here too on my PC. Which I use while watching TV...so my new 650s are on almost 24/7. 398 hours ATM, will go on until about 1000 I think.

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #175 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've put 1 minute of Pink Noise on a 'burn-in' MD, I use it overnight.
I am certain it would stress out a CD drive to be playing constantly for X hours?

Ok, then I am burning not only the head phones but also the discmans and CD. Hope that's all that burns
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, if anything other than the headphones fails, no problem.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #176 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've put one track of each in turn until I fill the CD. Them I use a couple of discmans (that I have no further use for) doing the burning on drawers.

My portable cd player by panasonic doesn't read most R and RWs
frown.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #177 of 382
He using PCDPs more if they break its no big deal.
I'd be of a mind to buy a cheap-arse player for burning.

You can burn the noise onto the CD as an audio CD, which will play anywhere.

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #178 of 382
Quote:

He using PCDPs more if they break its no big deal.
I'd be of a mind to buy a cheap-arse player for burning.

You can burn the noise onto the CD as an audio CD, which will play anywhere.

Strangely my player can see the number of tracks and total play time but simply couldn't start playing any track. Oh well, it was the perfect device for burning
frown.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #179 of 382
^ Odd, sure you're burning as AudioCD? That turns them into normal CD albums you'd buy.

Sep 25, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #180 of 382
Quote:

^ Odd, sure you're burning as AudioCD? That turns them into normal CD albums you'd buy.

Definitely, using Nero 7. I think it could be that my player doesn't like R/RWs..it's almost 6 years old
biggrin.gif

Edit: Tried with a memorex cd-r and it finally plays
biggrin.gif
Strange though, I thought fujiflim discs were usually better than memorex's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back