pimpin' my ride
May 19, 2004 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

jwramp

100+ Head-Fier
of course you've all seen the show "pimp my ride" on mtv.....well....i just bought an 88 chevy nova not too long ago (i'm only 15, and it was 100 buck....for something that ran, twas a good deal).....i was wondering what you might suggest to "pimp" it up....nothing expensive, just some ideas to make it a bit more ridable in....thanks!

May 19, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 45
pictures say a thousand words, and you're only at like 50 words...

May 19, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 45
Spray paint it flourescent orange.
tongue.gif

May 19, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 45
which dame? (there aren't that many).....and yeah, i'll have to go move my car out of my igloo garage to take a picture
smily_headphones1.gif
.....here's some pics (if head-fi lets me attach them) dang....25k limit...let's see if i can manage that

May 19, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 45
some of my friends and i were actually thinking it'd be kinda funny to paint it fluorescent green w/ some white racing stripes....mabe paint the rims (like 12 or 14 inchers, oh yeah!) to match....haha

May 19, 2004 at 5:11 AM Post #9 of 45
I hate people who add looks before performance. Sorry, no offense intended
biggrin.gif
But seriously; wouldn't you have more fun by adding some fairly cheap things like a cold (or rather, hot, since most people have it still in the engine bay) air intake, or for handling, better shocks? They aren't that much...

EDIT: Saw the second picture. My bad; you DO need something in the way of looks. Start with some floormats. Then try to cover up that stereo that's sticking out like a sore thumb. And never forget a thorough cleaning... does wonders.

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 19, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #10 of 45
yeah...it's pretty clean already, contrary to what the pics look like (damn it was nasty when i got it).....and i just got new rear shocks....they needed some work....also got all new exhaust system (not to make it sound funny, just cause the old one leaked)....and no, i'm not one of those people that would put all the neon on the bottom and get huge rims that spun, etc.....just looking for some stuff to make it a little bit more rideable.....for the radio: i normally just use my creative labs zen in the car, and sometimes a cd player, so i just use a radio transmitter at the moment....any recommendations for a low-priced cd player that has an aux input?.....and the speakers are crappy, so i'm not looking for hi-fi in the car (that's for home
smily_headphones1.gif
)
thanks!

May 19, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #11 of 45
I was about to suggest a nice Kenwood one, but then I saw the 'not hi-fi...' bit. Basically, anything. Go to your local electronics store, and start looking. Cheaper the better.

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 19, 2004 at 10:36 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I'm sorry, I'm not going to be offering any helpful hints here but I do have a question... are my eyes decieving me or is that a Nissan Sunny in disguise?

The tail looks like an old Corolla...
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2004 at 1:03 PM Post #15 of 45
Flat Black Primer
Red Steel Wheels
Wide Whitewalls
Little bit of a lowering job

It's the Rock-A-Billy-Look, bro.

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back