Pictures of your speaker setup!
Aug 10, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #151 of 206
I don't have the room size you have, so I just took delivery of brand new A3 RX-Cs yesterday. I was looking at the A7s & the A5s, but Jon suggested I go with the A3s considering my room dimensions. Mine are strictly for music. I would love to have that wall of mids, but it wouldn't be practical. Good luck with the sale. Whoever gets them will be getting a fine pair of speakers.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #153 of 206

My college budget setup that i just finished and am quite proud of. I've got a Teac TN-300 turntable and JBL XL-FZ158BK CD player going into a Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 integrated amplifier with a built in phono stage. That's going into BIC America DV-62si speakers.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #156 of 206
  YNWA

shame about the result today

Don't understand BR's tactic. Replace Can with left back while we follow two goals. YNWA anyway
beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #158 of 206
My 7.2 system. I use it for music as much as movies. Its not high-end stuff but I enjoy it. The mains and subs are on spikes. Mains are bi-wired.

Polk Audio
Center: CS20
Front L/R: Monitor 70
Front Wides: 45B
Surrounds: R50
Rear: CS10 (I mounted them upside down with Omni mounts. They're angled center speakers so
they hug the wall just a bit better that way.)

Subs: BIC Acoustech PL-200 12" x 2
Polk Audio PSW 110

A/V Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1021
Blu-Ray Player: Pioneer BDP-140
Display: Sony 55" 3D BRAVIA KDL55HX800 240 Hz
3D glasses x 4
AppleTV
DirecTV
Google Chromecast
Plex Media Server

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #159 of 206
Not a photo, but I made a 3D model of a music/audio room using Maya, for a 3D animation class that I took not long ago. Yeah I know the speakers are missing, ran out of time to build them—wanted to model something like the Monitor Audio Silver 6 that mikrosi has pictured up there. So my future speaker setup will ideally look something like this.
wink.gif
(can click the images for larger versions)

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #160 of 206
Wanted to ask speaker owners here, if you would ever trade a good speaker set up for totl headphones? Other than for the usual portability, neighbour is pissed etc. issues?

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #161 of 206
  Wanted to ask speaker owners here, if you would ever trade a good speaker set up for totl headphones? Other than for the usual portability, neighbour is pissed etc. issues?

"Totl" HP's over a "good" speaker?  Yes.  No more stupid room modes and lot's of money left in the bank.  But in an acoustically neutral room, and with plenty of $$$, speakers will always be king imo. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #162 of 206

My rig for playing used records. Sounds very good to me and cost less than $300. Pioneer turntable pl115d, fisher cc9000 pre amp, Bellari tube phono pre amp, PSB alpha mini speakers, Sony RCD-w1 cdp and recorder, topping tp-21 amplifier.
I may try to record some records but haven't yet. Anyway, it's all secondhand gear, thrift store, eBay and swap meet. Psb speakers sitting on top of AR 4 speakers if anyone cares:)

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #165 of 206

Absolutely!

I've moved like 6 times in the past 10 years, and I have at least 2 more coming up over the next 3 or so.  What works in one house, not so much in another.  Interestingly, I have never heard any speaker rig I've owned sound better than where they are right now.

Anyway, my Primes are always at their best.  And so much cheaper than good speakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back