Pictures of your speaker setup!
Apr 17, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #166 of 206
This is my setup at the moment, I am quite a novice when it comes to hifi. I have enjoyed seeing my brother get so much joy from his setup. I noticed this a lot when I was younger(6/7) so I decided to follow in his footsteps.

My setup consists of a 60 watt amp with a built in dac, a network streamer with a built in audio Upsample, a Cd transporter and a ps4. The speaker sound nice. I like headphones because I live at home and don't want to annoy my family.
[/IMG]

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #167 of 206
Aside from the last post, this thread seems mostly dead but I'm all for a revival!!! What speakers, DAC/Amp, transport are you using?  Here is a pic of my system as it stands now, it's missing the Schiit Mjulnir which has since moved back into the living room.

Music Hall mmf 5.1 > Cambridge Azure 651p Phono/ MBP > Schiit Gungir/ Cary Audio Design/ CDP-1 CD Player > Cary Audio Design CAI-1 Integrated Amp > Anthony Gallo CL-3 Speakers and Gallo TR-3  Subs.   

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #168 of 206
Aside from the last post, this thread seems mostly dead but I'm all for a revival!!! What speakers, DAC/Amp, transport are you using?  Here is a pic of my system as it stands now, it's missing the Schiit Mjulnir which has since moved back into the living room.

Music Hall mmf 5.1 > Cambridge Azure 651p Phono/ MBP > Schiit Gungir/ Cary Audio Design/ CDP-1 CD Player > Cary Audio Design CAI-1 Integrated Amp > Anthony Gallo CL-3 Speakers and Gallo TR-3  Subs.   

Hi great setup you have, you must enjoy it a lot! Great rack as well, I am using the Cambridge Audio cx series. My components are a CXC Cd transporter connected by coaxial to the CXN network player, the network player has 2 digital to analog converters and a built in upsampler for coaxial, optical and USB inputs. I also have the cd transporter connected by optical to my amplifier. The network player is connected by red and white cables. The game console is connected to my network player by optical cable.

I am planning to put a head phone amp in to my setup soon. The headphone output feels like an after thought on this system. My speakers are Bowers & Wilkins D601 S3.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #169 of 206
I'm up for a revival of the thread.  Here's my theater setup 1st followed by my living room setup.  The living room setup on it's own is plenty for most but the theater is on a whole different level.

Theater: 
Monitor Audio Platinum front soundstage (PL200/PL350C)
Axiom QS8 side surrounds
Aperion Audio rear surrounds
Seaton Submerssive HP+
Yamaha Aventage RX-1060A
Emotiva XPA-3 Amplifier
Sony 3D Projector with 150" Screen
Fanatec Racing Simulator

Living Room:
Aperion Audio Grand Verus Fronts
Polk in wall surrounds
Outlaw LFM-1 EX
Marantz SR5007
70" Sharp AQUOS (likely upgrading to 75" soon)

May 13, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #171 of 206
DSCN5828.JPG

This was taken earlier this year and has since been updated. (Don't feel like photographing it again.) My current rig is thus:

speakers: JBL LSR305
DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit
preamp: Schiit SYS
speaker stands: Samson MS200
USB power isolator: Schiit Wyrd
laptop computer: Alienware M11x R2

Although this speaker setup cost well under $1,000, I like it far more than any headphone system.

Edit: I updated my DAC to the Chord 2Qute and made some other changes.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #175 of 206
A couple of pictures I wanted to share.

I just got these today and so far I am really happy with the purchase.

Considering I only listened to them for about 10 minutes before I decided to buy them.

After unboxing and using them for a few hours. I have no regrets and it's like feeding my ears cupcakes.

It sounds so sweet.

Comparing them to my HD800 headphones, I'm hearing tonal crispy sounds from cymbals that I didn't notice before.

I read that these speakers were shy on bass, but it sounds good enough to me.

I guess, part of it has to do with that fact that I have a very small listening room.

Ummm, very nice but...... Could you share what they are?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #179 of 206
Edit: Meant for a PM. Got my wires crossed. Oops!

Attachments

• energycseries.jpg
    energycseries.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back