Pictures of your Portable Rig
Nov 8, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #61 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
redshifter,interesting set up you have for the ER-6 there.

Scott

click on the link in my sig for a clearer pic of my er-6. it has earhugger clips and ex-70 small tips, plus a pair of sony earbud filters (nylon mesh) over the ety filters. the ex-70 tips are held in place by ety foamies' clear silicon base (you can see them through the mesh as circles around the center ety filter).

i get no cord noise, almost no bone induction, a perfect seal every single time, and by not forcing the sound through a narrow tube (as most ety tips do) the er-6 sounds much fuller using the wide open ex-70 tips.

jaZZ,
have you tried mack's "safe sound" earplugs?

they are foam earplugs, but have a closed smooth surface, not open pores like most earplugs. this means you can still get an airtight seal, but also earwax wipes right off. give them a try.

Nov 8, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #62 of 1,385
Hey if anyones interested in buying a pair of the ath-em7's go to the for sale forum, im selling mine!
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #65 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
Hey if anyones interested in buying a pair of the ath-em7's go to the for sale forum, im selling mine!
tongue.gif

Didn't like them?

Nov 8, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #66 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
Bangraman,
Did you scan all your gear to get pics?

No. I use one of these and steady hands.
dscv1.jpg

The portables pictured are:
iRiver iMP-550 with Etymotic ER-4P
Sony D-33, 'maxed' Headsave Transit, DIY Tech-Heiser headphones
Sony MZ-E900 and Senn PX100
Sony MZ-N10 and Senn PXC250
Sony PEG-NZ90 Clie with Audio-Technica ATH-EM7
Creative NJB3 with Shure E5

The collection looked like a fairly representative line up. It seemed like too much trouble to shoot all my portables.

In retrospect, using the silver top of a piece of equipment as a base was the thing that screwed up the look of the photos. Oh well.. I'm still a crappy photographer.

Nov 8, 2003 at 10:37 PM Post #67 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Sony MZ-N10 and Senn PXC250

Ohh, okay. I was like...man, those sure look like PX200's but something is off...what the heck are they?
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #68 of 1,385
Quote:

Sony D-33, 'maxed' Headsave Transit, DIY Tech-Heiser headphones

DIY Tech-Heiser??

Nov 8, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #69 of 1,385
I see it's not unusual to have more than one "rig" set-up. For office use, I have the legendary MZ-R50 hooked into my Lafferty "Headbanger" and ATH-A900's. At home, I'll have my D-EJ925->Super Mini->CD780's.

I may use the Super Mini with the R50 once it arrives.

For simplicity and my 'walking' rig, I'll use my E707 and ER-4P's.

This whole thing with rigs can get maddening as one tries to rotate/mix and match the components. Worst of all, one's credit card gets the living crap kicked out of it.
frown.gif
C'est la vie.

Nov 8, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #70 of 1,385
HOLY **** bangraman, DSC-V1?...omg...that's the sexiest camera i have ever seen...nice gears..
how much u paied for it?

Nov 8, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #71 of 1,385
This further emphasizes the fact we need a good digital camera. Actually, the one we use for business is this cheap Vivitar 640 x 480 resolution thing we got with the ADSL connection package.

Nov 8, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #72 of 1,385
Quote:

No. I use one of these and steady hands.
dscv1.jpg

In retrospect, using the silver top of a piece of equipment as a base was the thing that screwed up the look of the photos. Oh well.. I'm still a crappy photographer.

Oh, that explains it!

I ones used my scanner to make some pics of some stuff and the background looked a lot like the grey you got in your pics cause there came light in the scanner.
FWIW. i thought you had some pretty amazing scanner skills
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #73 of 1,385
Here are more pictures of my favourite player, the NJB3.

d777njb3.jpg

Laugh as you compare it's behemoth proportions compared to the 'classic PCDP', the Sony D-777.

njb3cfl.jpg

iPod users can still laugh at this for lack of style (and my friends take the opportunity every time), but the NJB3 does have removable twin battery capability, an optional display remote with radio and mic (which makes excellent voice recordings), a built-in IR sensor and included credit card style IR remote. It has two REAL Line Outs, an Optical/Line/Mic in and a very usable headphone socket/amp. There's also the relatively easy DIY upgrade to higher capacity discs. The included case looks terrible, but it allows access to all the ports and controls on the player without having to remove the case. No other player on the market offers this combination as far as I'm aware... and while I do love the iPod too in a stroky feely way, I think the NJB3 rocks.

Oh, and I'm not saying the remote is big, but if you're attacked you can use it as a club
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #74 of 1,385
ok here we go for the complete setup
biggrin.gif

i received it this morning, the sound is average, not excellent but ok for a portable player.
the features however are amasing!

7-picture2.gif

7-picture3.gif

7-picture1.gif

Nov 14, 2003 at 12:39 PM Post #75 of 1,385
Murasame...

...congrats! At least you're not disappointed!

How is the sound with the Meta42?

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back