Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #7,877 of 37,633
  If i had the money to spare i would love to take them of your hands. Have you ever A/B:d your modded pair with let's say the DT770 Pro or an unmodified version of the T70p:s?

Not with the DT770 Pro No. But I bought these as a stock T70p and had the mod done about 6 months ago. The major improvement comes from the improvement in the cable...which I find has increased the Bass response and tamed the treble. Whether having the cable directly soldered to the drivers has made a difference its hard to say. 

However having used both a FAW Claire HPC and Toxic Silver Poison with these, there is a definate improvement and sound difference between cables. I've also used these balanced with a ALO RxMkIII B and they sounded brilliant.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #7,880 of 37,633
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #7,883 of 37,633
good things.I see that rig above it just oozes upside down back to front compared to how I had mine set up months ago.
hDDnd7

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #7,886 of 37,633
You're not stuck with it if you enjoy listening to it :D how does it sound?

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #7,887 of 37,633
haha...actually wanted to listen to my other combo..i like doing experiment with my rig combination..but finally won't able to take it off  
biggrin.gif
. TBH, i am not a fan of pairing DAP with an amp, unless i want it to drive a full size cans (using DAP as source). That pairing above is actually beyond my expectation. The Glacier is one of my favorite amp to go with my HD650 (usually i pair it with IPC+Clasdb), but right now with tera player...they sound very nice too..especially on its MIDS, very clean and clear..and the sound still remain having that lovely warmth. I love this.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #7,889 of 37,633
  i am stuck with this rig right now....nice ! (Tera Player + Glacier + HD650)

Bet you're also "stuck" with a swimsuit model for a girlfriend!

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #7,890 of 37,633
   Isn't that a serious bottlenecking?  Hmm, thought the Terra would be able to drive the HD650s by itself.  I wouldn't be upset though, thats a great thing to be "stuck" with heh! 

From my experience, Tera is fine with cans up to 100-ohm (based on all headphone/iems i have/had). Meaning that Tera will be able to fully drive it. For example the beyer dt1350 with Tera - i love this combo so much. But for headphones like HD650, using the max volume, they are fine in volume factor, but not enough authority to make it really sing. So need something like Glacier to make it better, and seems they are VERY good when together for my HD650.

Lol...for this..i die for it men !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back