Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #4,711 of 37,643
Quote:
You are correct, but to be clear, that's not what I mean when I said that "you can swap out mulitiple iPod Nano's". What I meant was that since 7th Gen iPod Nano's have small space size in nature, once you use up all the space on one 7th Gen Nano, you can swap out a 7th Gen Nano that doesn't have music you want with one that does. It's pretty easy to fill up a 16GB Nano with AAC 256bit files, so in most cases, you'd need an additional Nano, or maybe you're Nano dies and needs to be repaired or replaced, which ever the case, my set up compliments those situations :) But like I said above the corresponding picture, it's not advisable if you don't want the set up to be permanent. My set up is clutter free of slip mats and thick rubber bands, but comes at the cost of restricting the set up to 7th Gen iPod Nano's. I personally love it so far. It's just so convenient and portable.

This is the first time I've seen anyone do this, so naturally, I'm expecting this method to meet much criticism and speculation. But I stand by it, so I'm willing to answer those criticisms :)

Haha, I hope you knew I was just playing around! 
tongue.gif

But anyways, many people, including myself, have had a similar alternative to a band-free rig, with the use of removable Dual Lock. That stuff holds strong, but also can be removed easily. You might want to have a look at that:) It's also not permanent, hence less problems.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #4,712 of 37,643
Whilst my AK100 is away for repair I have been listening to this rig:

Heir Audio Rendition 1 Amp - iModded iPod - Tzar 350 with Magnus 1 Cable

I'm loving the Rendition1 amp and it pairs with the Tzar exceptionally well.....amazing detail, clarity and soundstage with no background noise whatsoever :)

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #4,714 of 37,643
Quote:
This rig is probably going to be flamed for what it is...

Nothing wrong with an iPod Touch....I had and enjoyed a 4th gen model before and currently want a 5th gen. 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #4,716 of 37,643
Jun 13, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #4,717 of 37,643
Quote:
Hi hotfever

I don't have glacier and portaphile

Wagnus vs my alo Rx 3 B

High :
Wagnus : has more refine and extended high , and better micro detail

Mid :
Wagnus : more sweet and very clean and clear midrange

Bass :
Wagnus : more deep impact than Alo Rx 3 B , better detail and very clean bass reproduction
The best bass I have heard in portable amp yet .

Separation :
Wagnus : better separation , that you can hear the music instrument placement more accurate.
Than Alo Rx 3 B

Soundstage :
Wagnus : has 3 D soundstage

Background :
Wagnus : has more black background than alo Rx 3 B

Noise :
Wagnus has almost Zero noise floor
Alo Rx 3 B has hissing

AK 120 vs Class -dB

Later I do more detail comparison and will post hear as DAC

This IMO

Hi Rudi,

Where did you buy the Wagnus?  From which website, sir?

Thanks.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #4,718 of 37,643
The best SQ from my 1+2 with UBER Cable :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD1 LE with op amp Muse 02
Amp : Wagnus Bialber O Epsilon S top of the line
Iem : Tralucent Audio 1+2 with UBER cable
Cable : Venture Craft Lod to USB
Wagnus Sputnik mini to mini
SQ : the best set up for my 1+2 to date
The cleanest and more detail than from other amp that I owned.
This is really heavenly SQ .
The best synergy with my set up above

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #4,721 of 37,643

A little refinement from my original submission.  

iPod Touch's case is velcro-ed to the E17 amp. Long cable from the iPod Touch to the HRT iStreamer (oops...I think I connected it to the battery in this photo) and another long RCA-to-male-3.5mm to the E17 amp.

The purpose of the long cables are that I can place the HRT iStreamer and battery;
1.  in a briefcase on the floor of a commuter train, and I have the Touch and amp in my hand.
2. beneath my desk at work and have the touch and amp on my desk; the busybodies at work sneer at all the gadgetry in the office.

Looking at all those wires has made me consider both, the;
1 Fiio X3 - is this TGTBT?  hi res files, external microSD card support, an E17 amp built-in.
2. Venturecraft's DD Socket - the idea of a powered DAC that plays hi res files is attractive....uh, though the iDevices don't yet support them...and, I confess, I prefer the convenience of carrying a phone that with all my music, when I don;t carry an iPod Touch.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #4,722 of 37,643
Quote:
The best SQ from my 1+2 with UBER Cable :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD1 LE with op amp Muse 02
Amp : Wagnus Bialber O Epsilon S top of the line
Iem : Tralucent Audio 1+2 with UBER cable
Cable : Venture Craft Lod to USB
Wagnus Sputnik mini to mini
SQ : the best set up for my 1+2 to date
The cleanest and more detail than from other amp that I owned.
This is really heavenly SQ .
The best synergy with my set up above

Am I the only goof, that's admiring the plastic tote of interconnects more then the rig itself?

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #4,723 of 37,643
I too love interconnects!

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #4,724 of 37,643
I hope for 5 S as well
I am as IDevice fan boy this time I skip to buy Iphone 5 , because my IMO SQ below my iPhone 4 S.

Interesting to hear you say that. From what I have read the 5 got the thumbs up for SQ and iirc the 5 has the same DAC chip as the 4S.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back