Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #4,187 of 37,648
      Quote:

You can browse through the DIYmod thread for many impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/269604/the-apple-diymod-my-take-on-the-famous-imod-56k-killer-featuring-3g-4g-5g-and-nano-1g

Depends on the capacitors used but I personally say the DIYmod line out with BG caps is definately worth it, if you can build it yourself.  Darker background, and you get slight warmth, and nice "texture" is added to mids and bass, resulting in great synergy with Arrow.  No difference in treble (it's what I feel with BG caps and this may change with other caps).  You will need to pay much more for other source gear to achieve better results. Like a CLAS and 6G onwards Classic.  And then I don't like iTunes, I want to use my own m3u playlists, plus the extra support for other file formats is useful, so I stick (I'm stuck) with a Rockboxed DIYmod for a few years now.

You can look through my portable gear album to see what I done with mine.

Not sure if it's worth paying so much for RWA and built ones, or paying others to do it. I won't personally pay over $300 including everything - the 5G/5.5G itself, LOD and CF, Tarkan CF adaptor, BG caps, good solder and perhaps new battery and exterior parts).

If you need to pay over that, I suggest thinking about a Fiio X3 as it looks very promising. I haven't compared yet, but the only obvious things other than sound, that an imod should be better is smaller size and Rockbox compatibility.
My 5.5 has brand new EVERYTHING and a 64gb cf card, I just want rwa to do it for the resale value, what's a good LOD with caps that recommend? I never saw bg caps but the size can't be too huge, still gotta fit in my pocket you know

May 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4,188 of 37,648
Quote:
hi jaytee189 are u still keep yours 2500K LED torch ?
evil_smiley.gif

Yes, I do. All my gears that I bought always been taken care and stored properly. 
Never sell my gears even don't click to my taste....I am more onto collecting gears.
Btw, the torch seems to find its mate now....Fitear 111+001 cables + Tralucent T1 seems like a great combination for now.
I am using this combo more than my 334 at least for now when listening to Chinese Female Audiophile recordings...
This combo sounds great, and click to my liking for now.

Regards
jaytee189

May 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4,189 of 37,648
My Dac / Amp for I device

Left :
Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac / Amp : Fodtex Hp P1
Iem : Tralucent 1+2 with silver / gold cable first edition

Right :
Source : iPhone 4 G
Dac / Amp : Sony PHA 10
Iem : Fit Ear MH 335 DW with alo cable scx 24

May 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #4,190 of 37,648
Good to see you are still enjoying the HP-P1 Rudi!

beerchug.gif

May 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,192 of 37,648
Quote:
Quote:
Good to see you are still enjoying the HP-P1 Rudi!

beerchug.gif

Thank you longbowbbs
I will keep my cyberlabs class solo original and my Fostex Hp P1
These two sounding excellent and will last forever as pioneer in Dac / Amp and Dac for I device
biggrin.gif

I will have many hours with the HP-P1 this week as I have some flights to take. I will take the JH16's with me!  
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #4,195 of 37,648
May 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #4,200 of 37,648
Very pretty! Especially the cable.

Quote:

New Whiplash Hybrid Cable ...review coming soon
silver/gold and copper.  

Cable came in the same time as Arrow.

Ipod mini CF 64gb > TWag LOD > Arrow 4g > New unreleased TWag/Gold + TWcu hybrid > JH13

Call me old school with the ipod mini and JH13....but still rockin' out 
L3000.gif

Review also coming for the new 8 conductor TWag/gold iem cable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back