Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #3,182 of 37,646
To be honest it's not worth paying extra for others to do it.  Best thing is to DIY.  Just grab a soldering iron, solder and gather parts needed.  Unless you have like absolutely zero experience in soldering, or you just don't have time to DIY..

Happy with mine done about 2 years ago.  Going strong and no signs of failure.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,185 of 37,646
Quote:
How you liking the Nano? I was thinking of picking one up for a few albums and my podcasts 

Try the sony E series MP3. I personally have one, and love it. It has pretty good SQ and also have a LOD. It is also very responsive(quick), UI is simple, doesn't require iTunes, is very portable, and finally, cheap.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,186 of 37,646
My portable system is made up of iPod Video (iMod by Red Wine Audio) + Alo line out Cable + Just Audio AHA-120 + Cardas 1/4 to 1/8 converter and Denon AH-D7000. I tried various headphones and in-ears from Denon (AH-D2000, AH-D5000), Sennheiser (HD595, HD439, PX100), Ethymotic Research (ER4), Sony (MDX EX 1000), BeyerDynamic (DT770) and I forget others, also tried various amps (Nuforce Icon mobile, HeadRoom Air Head, iQube) but nothing comes close to this one. I get strange looks in the bus and office as I surrounded by people who have mostly stock ear buds and at times only one ear plugged in. One of these days I am going to Print a t-shirt which says "Audiophile & Proud" in the front and the details of my gear at the back.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #3,188 of 37,646
Quote:
My portable system is made up of iPod Video (iMod by Red Wine Audio) + Alo line out Cable + Just Audio AHA-120 + Cardas 1/4 to 1/8 converter and Denon AH-D7000. I tried various headphones and in-ears from Denon (AH-D2000, AH-D5000), Sennheiser (HD595, HD439, PX100), Ethymotic Research (ER4), Sony (MDX EX 1000), BeyerDynamic (DT770) and I forget others, also tried various amps (Nuforce Icon mobile, HeadRoom Air Head, iQube) but nothing comes close to this one. I get strange looks in the bus and office as I surrounded by people who have mostly stock ear buds and at times only one ear plugged in. One of these days I am going to Print a t-shirt which says "Audiophile & Proud" in the front and the details of my gear at the back.

Does your amp+ipod even fit in a pocket? It looks big for a portable setup.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #3,189 of 37,646
Well amp in one pocket and the iPod in another
redface.gif
. There is no way I can listen to it on the go but in a bus/train/office where I am mostly sitting, this is just amazing. I have not come anything closer to this in sound signature yet in the semi-open / closed category. 

Just Audio AHA-120 is a truly under appreciated amp and it even drives my HD-800's to a respectable volume with good dynamics. For a while I was carrying NuForce HAP-100 to office just so that I can get better dynamics with Denon's but AHA-120 is so good that it didn't make me miss the amp, also I no longer have to carry a heavy amp along and explain it every time to the office security. Not that they do not grill me everyday about the AHA-120. 
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #3,191 of 37,646
Quote:
Does your amp+ipod even fit in a pocket? It looks big for a portable setup.

popcorn.gif
........................portable in a bag!!   I do it!

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #3,193 of 37,646
Only information I can find on it isn't any favorable. It's more expensive and I'd have to carry new cables for it. I have an iPhone 5 and if I can get the iPod Nano then I have a spare Lightning Cable which makes the idea of spending $150 on a device a little better when it comes with things that are convenient and usable. I think the only way I would get some other device for my Podcasts is if it was small and had wifi so it could keep everything automatically up to date.
Quote:
Try the sony E series MP3. I personally have one, and love it. It has pretty good SQ and also have a LOD. It is also very responsive(quick), UI is simple, doesn't require iTunes, is very portable, and finally, cheap.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #3,194 of 37,646
Quote:
Only information I can find on it isn't any favorable. It's more expensive and I'd have to carry new cables for it. I have an iPhone 5 and if I can get the iPod Nano then I have a spare Lightning Cable which makes the idea of spending $150 on a device a little better when it comes with things that are convenient and usable. I think the only way I would get some other device for my Podcasts is if it was small and had wifi so it could keep everything automatically up to date.

I can see how it might not fit you. Well, I have no other suggestions. BTW, what did you find that was unfavorable? I personally think that these are great DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back