Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 7, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #2,629 of 37,639
JH16s arrived today, so I took a quick phone pic of my (trans)portable and portable rigs:

(trans)portable:
iPod Classis 7g 160 / Agent18 Case, or Macbook Air at the office
Cypher Labs Solo - DB
Balanced ALO mini cable
ALO RX Mk3
JH16 w/ Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable - balanced

portable:
iPod Nano 5g
Fiio LOD
HeadAmp Pico Slim
JH16 or Shure SE535 with standard cable

Still giving everything a good listen and formulating impressions -- but both are really, really awesome.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #2,631 of 37,639
I dont know what an xmod is but you can have fiio e17 and hm601 for 400 bucks or less, so for it to be of equal price to dx100 the xmod have to be 300 bucks assuming he got ripped on the battery like everyone else when duracell is the only one that made them

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #2,634 of 37,639
Quote:
I dont know what an xmod is but you can have fiio e17 and hm601 for 400 bucks or less, so for it to be of equal price to dx100 the xmod have to be 300 bucks assuming he got ripped on the battery like everyone else when duracell is the only one that made them

Well I hope he didn't get ripped off.

I'm sure his brick sounds really awesome.  And I'm glad to see that there are new people getting into our hobby all the time.

I'm sure it's just me getting old, but that just looks like quite a bit of weight to be carrying around.  But when you're young that prolly isn't even close to being an obstacle, right?  
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,640 of 37,639
Quote:
JH16s arrived today, so I took a quick phone pic of my (trans)portable and portable rigs:

(trans)portable:
iPod Classis 7g 160 / Agent18 Case, or Macbook Air at the office
Cypher Labs Solo - DB
Balanced ALO mini cable
ALO RX Mk3
JH16 w/ Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable - balanced

portable:
iPod Nano 5g
Fiio LOD
HeadAmp Pico Slim
JH16 or Shure SE535 with standard cable

Still giving everything a good listen and formulating impressions -- but both are really, really awesome.

Awesome Rig! I am patiently waiting for my JH16's. Hopefully another couple of weeks. Congrats on a very nice setup.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back