Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #1,471 of 37,636
Quote:
Ipod touch 7th gen.... someone is from the future probably 2017 or so  considering apples schedule

Oh crap, thanks for the correction dude. Post edited

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,472 of 37,636
Here is my second portable rig, consisting of a Sansa Clip+, FiiO L8 mini interconnect, and On-Earz The Pure headphones.

I must admit, this is pretty portable for a headphone setup! 
beyersmile.png

For those who are wondering why it seems a bit tacky, it is because these are my unwanted parts/devices that don't interest me anymore, so I turned it into this for my "On-the-go" rig.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,475 of 37,636
Quote:

Why would you go anywhere naked, dude... Where do you put the Walkman if you decide to "go anywhere" naked?

for the questions, post them in appropriate thread. Plus, you can actually google the answer for number 2, go to an electronic store for no 1 and look for the Sony Z thread for no. 3

I'll help with the pic 

Thank you dude

Quote:

1st.i need a charger (ac adapter )
Amazon (can use any 5v output )
2nd. need high quality of songs for free do you where?
Bandcamp, Google 
3rd. do i have to buy dac or amp and which kind?
Not really necessary for your current headphones

can i use other usb charger ?

thank youu

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,477 of 37,636
Psion, why are you using the adapter??

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #1,479 of 37,636
Those pads do look really comfy Trollmaster, mind telling where they come from?

Hey Gordo68!

Those are the Pearstone Deluxe Ear pads available at Amazon & B&H. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #1,481 of 37,636
Quote:
That would sound awesome, how are you enjoying the W4? I have my eyes on them ever since hearing W3 this week.

Do you find them warm?

I like the signature albeit it being a little bit veiled. if you are familiar with the TF10s, the bass is more layered and goes lower, mids sounds natural, the highs could be more extended and sparkly though. but im coming from the TF10s so it definitely sounds a bit dark to me. its a warm sounding iem. im using the silver ray cables from my TF10 (it just died on me recently - RIP.
frown.gif
). improves SQ from the stock cables.:) and with the DX100, i think i will be done for a while. hehe.
dt880smile.png

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #1,482 of 37,636
I like the signature albeit it being a little bit veiled. if you are familiar with the TF10s, the bass is more layered and goes lower, mids sounds natural, the highs could be more extended and sparkly though. but im coming from the TF10s so it definitely sounds a bit dark to me. its a warm sounding iem. im using the silver ray cables from my TF10 (it just died on me recently - good 3 year. RIP. :frowning2: ). improves SQ from the stock cables.:) and with the DX100, i think i will be done for a while. hehe. :dt880smile:

Similar with W3 I find them a little veiled however I came from H-100 and you probably know they're rather cold sounding. There's just something about the W3 I find addictive, very large headstage, full, thick to my ears. Yet some areas like separation and detailing could be improvd being less covered by W3 prominent bass, if I could just lift a smidgen of darkness. Overall though they do a lot right and not as much wrong. You enjoy that wonderful set up you have there. Sometimes I wish I just went all out and put this madness to an end. :p

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,484 of 37,636
Quote:
Similar with W3 I find them a little veiled however I came from H-100 and you probably know they're rather cold sounding. There's just something about the W3 I find addictive, very large headstage, full, thick to my ears. Yet some areas like separation and detailing could be improvd being less covered by W3 prominent bass, if I could just lift a smidgen of darkness. Overall though they do a lot right and not as much wrong. You enjoy that wonderful set up you have there. Sometimes I wish I just went all out and put this madness to an end.
tongue.gif

If u love the W3. then i can tell u that the W4 best it in terns of separation, detailing and the soundstage and it sounds natural the way i like it, however it would have been perfect if the highs were a tad extended and more sparkly. maybe im used to the TF10. lets see if my brain burns in. hehe.  i had the H-100 before and honestly it just didnt work out for me. as u have said it sounded rather cold and for me it just lacks that body which i find unnatural. i went all out this time knowing i would have probably spent more on many other items which will end up in the FS forum. DX100 is my end game DAP . i audited it and just knew this was it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back