Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #451 of 37,644
Quote:
Hey now I don't think that. I personally thought it's a valuable contribution. Let's not bring any hate. People share what they wish and that's that :) 
Don't pay too much attention to it champ. Most people are just joking around anyway - it's a bit of a thing to have a negative disposition towards Beats headphones in the HeadFi community.
To each his own :)

What's the amp and source you have there anyway?

Ha its all cool, Actually the shures and beats are all I have right now for personal audio. I have some excellent expensive fostex headphones but I use them for tracking guitar parts in my studio and occassionally mixing late at night. They are not a portable solution. The beats are my throw around's. I can't seem to justify the cash on a set of custom IEMS yet but I am thinking of it.

The amp is a shonyun 306. I live in china so all this stuff is dirt cheap (except UM). The source is a Sony Tx Xperia and apple iphone 4. Most stuff at 320kps mp3...some high res wav's of my own music recordings on a zoom H4 too. I'm not 100% sure whether I even need an amp for the shures...it sounds better without the amp - more expansive and balanced.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #452 of 37,644
who makes that thin gray rubber padding material ?
where would one buy it ?

The grey color rubber padding are from ace hardware store
They have two type one thin and one thicker
I prefer the thicker one , it has better quality

The black color rubber band is from Alo audio , you can buy from Alo

The blue and green color rubber band are from my son , you can buy them from sport house

Or accessories shop , they many brand from Nike or Adidas

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #453 of 37,644

What I'm using for Thanksgiving break week.  Portapro drivers with the pads from my ksc75 stuffed into this beanie 
ksc75smile.gif
  Those little stabby things to hold the earpads stick to the hat and hold them in place.  Playing from my Atrix 4g which also is serving as my camera

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #456 of 37,644
Sporting the Toxic Cable Picolino cables!

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #459 of 37,644
Quote:

Trying the Lightning to 30-pin adapter.
It works like a charm, even though it looks terrible.

It will require a new LOD design...Great another new cable...
eek.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #460 of 37,644
It might be worthwhile to try hooking up the headphone out of the iphone 5 to the amp. The 30 pin adapter has its own DAC and is likely not as good as the one in the iphone. Of course, you'd then be going through the iphone amp but perhaps that might be better than using the adapter DAC. anyway, it's free to try and it might be interesting to note the difference (if any) in sound.

and then you might be able to have a more compact setup.
Quote:

Trying the Lightning to 30-pin adapter.
It works like a charm, even though it looks terrible.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #461 of 37,644
Quote:

Got E7+E9 amp/Dac today, testing E7 with 5th.Gen. 
Sounds much cleaner and spacious than via ipod headphone out.

E11 is coming on this week ^^,

Out of interest, what are those 'phones? I ask as I also have a 5G (Rockbox'd) and an E7 and I genuinely don't hear much difference going through the E7 except with "proper" cans. I have tried several IEMs that I swear sound the same from the HP out or through the E7.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #463 of 37,644
Very Nice Mcberto!

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #465 of 37,644
^^

Sweet Rig for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back