Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #37,276 of 37,634
Hisenior Mega5EST + HIBY R6P2

DSCF4485.png

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #37,277 of 37,634
Feb 23, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #37,279 of 37,634
Feb 24, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #37,282 of 37,634
How do you connect to TV to watch movies, optical? And how is the battery life?
I am looking for similar solution for my LG C3.
I am using Bluetooth at the moment. I had an Nvidia Shield and was using USB out, but I damaged it, and will have to use optical when I can get an adapter for the Gryphon input. I use the desktop mode having it plugged into a charger to top it up instead of just running off battery as I use it every night. I had a Fiio BTR5, then BTR7 before getting the Gryphon. The Gryphon was a step up, but I wanted the XSpace and XBass for movies, although it still sounds good without them on.

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #37,283 of 37,634
NiceHCK HIMALAYA - Sony WM1A

2BD47D28-31DF-4981-99C9-0AD9DF10E675.jpeg

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #37,286 of 37,634
Getting some work done while enjoying some Bass Monsters :L3000:

Edit: decided to add some impressions...

Just received the X 2 days ago. The X is just on a whole other level of Bass Eargazm that I've never experienced. Some pro reviewers knock it for having too much bass and mudding everything else. I think they never considered trying different tips or listening for long periods of time and comparing. I immediately put wide bore tips and I couldn't be happier. MASSIVE BASS with clear mids and highs. The thing is that the mids and highs are not Shouty. They are a bit more relaxed compared to other detailed sets like the Nanna or Mest. This makes the X much more enjoyable with music like metal or EDM where sometimes the highs can be very harsh. You get to enjoy the music and details, yet not be in pain. There's 2 subwoofers handling the luscious bass, 2 BAs handling mids, and 3 BAs handling the highs... so the music is well separated and spacious.
When you first try this IEM, you are hit with a smooth wall of music that surrounds you.

The Oriolus is essentially the same signature of the X, just one degree lower in everything mentioned. Imagine everything I just said, but at about 90-95%. Even though it is a completely different configuration that includes a planar, it is essentially a less expensive little X.

The Andromeda is a whole other beast I can't even explain lol. It's a wave of music in a different way lol. Even though the Gold is 7 BAs, you would never guess by hearing the bass response. It's big with lots of rumble since 4 of those BAs handle the bass lol. But the mids and highs are about 5% more forward which makes it a bit more W shape in sound. What is strange though is that the soundstage is a little smaller than the X, but it is still spacious. The only problem with the Gold is that like all Campfire Audio, they are WAY TOO EASY TO DRIVE. On my DX320, at only 5 volume it is already too loud 😅.
1000020474.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #37,289 of 37,634
ifi impedance attenuator (iematch) may help you in this case. If I had Andros today this was the first thing I would get.
I remember reading somewhere that those affect the audio somehow. Like lowering the soundstage significantly. Is that not the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back