Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 1, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #27,541 of 37,643
I think for a lot of people it has to do with portability and the fact that IEMs do not add a lot of bulk and weight.

Also, for those who have gone slightly overboard with this hobby headphones represent another, particularly deep rabbit hole that involves desktop setups. :D
Wyville is correct. In my world, the more portable the better. I don't even like to be tethered to a desktop system. I have gone down the rabbit hole in search of the best sound possible and that I can move freely, even the full sized headphones I look for are specific, ones that can be driven from a portable device. Specifically, I prefer DAPs that have power to drive full sized hp's and IEMs alike. To me, it is a science and I limit myself to a very specific niche. Put it this way, if I am tethered to my desktop gear, and I want to refresh my drink, it is not happening with my headphones on if I am tethered, restroom(can't be tethered), I have even carried 2K worth of equipment to the gym.
I do agree a full-size hp's have a leg up in the sound department, and I do use them as well, but they are very specific in my case.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #27,542 of 37,643
Flavor of the day. This cable has made rethink these as a keeper. Noble X with an Impact Audio SPC 3.5 Cable.

20190501_152300.jpg

May 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #27,544 of 37,643
Thought my ES100 had died this morning. Thankfully it was just my cable. Still my favourite little gadget. So versatile.

Yes sir, the ES100 is hard to beat and still my best 2018 purchase:beerchug:

@dissembled , best part about this hobby is individual choice:wink: To each their own:thumbsup: By the way I have several cans but I don't run around with cans on my big old bald noggin:rolling_eyes:

So today I've pulled out one of my earliest amped rigs and still sounds fantastic:grin:

Classic NX1 Podding.JPG

May 2, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #27,545 of 37,643
... the ES100 ...

I ended up giving my ES100s away, I definitely love the intended usage of the tiny little Radsone but I wasn't really on board with the sound. Does anyone have experience with something like the FiiO BTR3 or Audio-Technica PHA55BT for comparison? TIA for anyone who can share some knowledge on the topic.

May 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #27,546 of 37,643
I ended up giving my ES100s away, I definitely love the intended usage of the tiny little Radsone but I wasn't really on board with the sound. Does anyone have experience with something like the FiiO BTR3 or Audio-Technica PHA55BT for comparison? TIA for anyone who can share some knowledge on the topic.

To each their own, I know many who love it. I'm sure there are a few BTR3's running around and maybe someone can give you some feedback and comparison:wink:

May 2, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #27,547 of 37,643
Why do you guys love IEMs so much? :ksc75smile: I own the Westone UM3Xs, the 1more Triple Driver and the 1more Quad Driver and they cannot hold a candle with full sized beasts such as the Meze 99 Classics for one.

Come, guys. Come to the dark side!

Ah the power of suggestion (or maybe it really is the Force:scream:), I've ditched the Rockets since I'm in the office and slipped on my ATH-AD900X's:rolling_eyes: The NX1 really drives them nicely:beerchug:

May 2, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #27,548 of 37,643
Loved my ES100 for what it was. Good power, and eq flexibility. It was accidentally washed. Ordered a BTR3 to try before I purchased another ES100. Less power, but more musical and better overall presentation, to my ears. LDAC vs LDAC. I decided not to buy another ES100 as my greatest headphone is only 50ohm

May 2, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #27,549 of 37,643
Loved my ES100 for what it was. Good power, and eq flexibility. It was accidentally washed. Ordered a BTR3 to try before I purchased another ES100. Less power, but more musical and better overall presentation, to my ears. LDAC vs LDAC. I decided not to buy another ES100 as my greatest headphone is only 50ohm
Was the SQ cleaner after it was washed?

May 3, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #27,550 of 37,643
20190418_222737.jpg Unsure how common this combo is but here you go, it's warm-neutral, sometimes bordering dark, vocals are recessed a bit, but upper-treble is surprisingly lucid. I never thought I'd get the Legends X, I always had my eye on the Rhapsodio Zombies, but when sammy raised the price of it, my heart sunk. So destiny changed for me.

Do I regret it? At first I did, but after some tweaking with the DAP, I really don't. Hell, I might even want customs.
It's basically pushing the DAP as far as it can possibly take it.

May 3, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #27,551 of 37,643
When your pressed for space, the MO and Advanced Elise are what I like to call "Compactamundo":beerchug:

Compactamundo.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Anti
Back