Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #24,633 of 37,651
I didnt bring the mojo with me so o cant really tell until wednesday but so far im kind of pleased with im hearing but havent really done any comparison or detailed analysis yet as im still srtting it up

Oct 7, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #24,636 of 37,651
What don't you like about it? You are trying to trade it for the FiiO X7ii a little over fours hours after posting the original picture.

Thing is im in London at the moment and didnt feel like buying another DAP, saw your add and know your based in the UK and offered to trade. That is the main reason, second reason is the battery, although it seems to early to judge as i have been downloading my tracks over wifi, ot should/would be better. Other than that i like it, the sound is clear, good soundstage, bass seems right no roll off.

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #24,640 of 37,651
Do you mean you are interested in my pair for sale on here?

Anyway, I've had three pairs of these and they have always had removable cables that use standard MMCX connectors, so you can change/upgrade the cables if you so wish.

The headshells twists on the cable to allow for a better fit, so how someone could say they are not removable is beyond me!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fidue-a83-triple-hybrid-earphones-two-weeks-old.860916/

Oct 7, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #24,641 of 37,651
Do you mean you are interested in my pair for sale on here?

Anyway, I've had three pairs of these and they have always had removable cables that use standard MMCX connectors, so you can change/upgrade the cables if you so wish.

The headshells twists on the cable to allow for a better fit, so how someone could say they are not removable is beyond me!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fidue-a83-triple-hybrid-earphones-two-weeks-old.860916/

Thank you for the answer I just saw this on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/
R2KDZOF1ACSH7A/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_btm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01EYTIEAA#wasThisHelpful

seems its a different A83

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #24,643 of 37,651
Sorry for such a terrible picture... This tube amp belongs to Jaben Singapore and its their demo unit.. I bought it after I had a careful listen for almost 1 hours with Sennheiser HD800 and it drive it with ease and sounds super nice... I bought it on the spot but unfortunately, they got no stocks but are kind enough to let me take the demo home till my unit come in.
Before I'm considering Woo Audio WA8 which is also a pure tube amp... It's super up close to my face mids really puts me off and I don't need the ES9018 DAC since I already got some pretty good DAP and also Chord Hugo. Also WA8 4 hours battery life really put me off totally.
Usually I would buy a more well reputable and more reviewed product with good reviews but WA8 is not that kind of sound that I'm seeking for. No, I'm not saying it's a bad product just that it don't suit my tastes and needs.
Phatlab Phantasy really makes my music comes alive again, listening to it is pure joy and so relaxing... Got that goosebumps thingy which is a great sign I guess.. Lol

mqlw8s5.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #24,644 of 37,651
I've noticed you have the EW9 in your signature. What do you use to drive them, and are you still using the stock cable?

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #24,645 of 37,651
I've noticed you have the EW9 in your signature. What do you use to drive them, and are you still using the stock cable?

EW9 goes well with my Opus #2 really. But it scale up with better amplification, my Cypher Labs Trio portable tube amp drives it very nicely, later will try it out with my new Phatlab Phantasy and let u know.
If it's even better, Cypher Labs is got to go off to the sakes lol.
BTW, u love EW9 too?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back