Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 6, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #17,446 of 37,648
I had to use the large stock silicon, and agree about the discomfort. Worse than discomfort, they also make the high mids/lower treble slightly too sharp. Not terrible, but overly detailed, bordering on sibilant. I use Large Spiral Dots. They smooth everything right out, making all frequencies sound so natural, without becoming blurry or bloated. I'm not sure Angie can be bloated, but the Spiral Dots certainly don't do it.

They were my favorite tips with the ATH-IM03 as well, clearing up all of its sibilance.. They change the sound (compared to stock tips) for the better. I like to think this is how the Customs sound, without any silicon or foam getting in the way of the nozzle opening.

Ultimate Ear 600 tips are also very good at this. But my left ear kept sliding out, so I'm happily back with the JVCs.

I bought the variety pack of Weston Stars in preparation for Angie. They remain unopened. The Spiral Dots are just too good. :)

If you use medium stock, I think you should use medium JVCs. They ought to be bigger, but they fit into a larger part of your ear, so that's natural.

Thanks for the info. I hate when they don't offer you sampler pack or allow you to mix-match sizes.

Sep 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #17,447 of 37,648
How do you like this setup? I'm thinking about getting the X1 and E07K. Is the amp in the E07K much better than the amp in the X1? What is the sound like?

It sounds a lot fuller with the low end getting richer and better controlled, I really like the E07K the X1 sounds good by itself but when I drive my AT CKR10 straight from it, it doesn't drive the CR10s to there full potential by itself.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #17,448 of 37,648

Sorry for my wallet =( Joined the ZX2 club earlier.  But I gotta say, this set up sounds amazing...

Will be getting a LOD cable in a couple days.

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #17,449 of 37,648
How do you like the Vorzuge with the Angie?

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #17,450 of 37,648

Sorry for my wallet =( Joined the ZX2 club earlier.  But I gotta say, this set up sounds amazing...

Unfortunately the next TOTL player will sound even more amazing then you have a problem. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #17,455 of 37,648

Deltron - just wanted to let you and the rest of the earth people know I was born on jupiter too.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #17,457 of 37,648

My Fiio E12 arrived today, safe to say, results were better then expected :D
the bass switch on the side plus the fiio's bass settings, gives such a solid thud
in my m50x's :D

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #17,458 of 37,648

My Fiio E12 arrived today, safe to say, results were better then expected :D
the bass switch on the side plus the fiio's bass settings, gives such a solid thud
in my m50x's :D

You sure you're not double-amping it though? Looks like you're feeding the E12 from the headphone out, not the line out on the bottom.

Anyway, sexy rig. I've got almost the same, but with e12A

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #17,459 of 37,648
You sure you're not double-amping it though? Looks like you're feeding the E12 from the headphone out, not the line out on the bottom.

Anyway, sexy rig. I've got almost the same, but with e12A

Yea probably am. But its really handy to have a volune knob instead of buttons but with the headphone out you can adjust bass and treble on fiio aswell as having the bass switch which gives more bass. :) is double amping bad?

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #17,460 of 37,648
It's not especially good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back