Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #12,841 of 37,711
Save for King Rudi and perhaps a handful of audio royalty, don't we all suffer from the same limitations?

Yes we all do suffer from the same limitations but then again, that is the fun part, the part which keeps most if not all having the passion to pursue and appreciate the journey in our quest for the perfect sound we are looking for.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #12,842 of 37,711
Yes i Know Ostin
Calyx M is very Good dap
I hate The battery Life around 4 Hours Max
And has Only HO , not Line out , not optical and no coax
How long The battery Life can improve now ?

I had 4 hours listening sesion
Even using old FW , the battery is still OK. And now the new FW my friends told me how is the battery improve
But i never tried it my self
Yes, the only HO. But since the DAC is very good, i dont need another dac (no optical no coax is fine)
If i need other amp, then i just plug it into headphone out and max the volume
I tried it with desktop amp :)

For me, In every aspect sound quality...it sounds far better than my ak120

Jul 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #12,847 of 37,711
Have the day off so I decided to give myself a little project. All it took was an hour, a dremel with a disc shaped wire brush and some high grit sand paper. Haven't seen anyone else do this yet. I think it looks pretty cool. Please forgive the horrid lighting.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #12,850 of 37,711
  Have the day off so I decided to give myself a little project. All it took was an hour, a dremel with a disc shaped wire brush and some high grit sand paper. Haven't seen anyone else do this yet. I think it looks pretty cool. Please forgive the horrid lighting.

The previous surface is a chrome gloss finish? You gave it a brush aluminium finish? Looks really good!

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #12,853 of 37,711
My first portable rig.

iBasso DX50
Sony XBA-H1
Dignis Leather Case

My next step is to find a portable amplifier that I like.

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #12,854 of 37,711
My first portable rig.

iBasso DX50
Sony XBA-H1
Dignis Leather Case

My next step is to find a portable amplifier that I like.

Have you tried the Mega Sound Explosion firmware yet?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-5-0/13365#post_10590894

May find you don't need an amp at all. Spend the money on something else (audio related of course to avoid sin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back