Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 25, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #12,136 of 37,643
why Beats? Its the headphones for the masses..thats why...

Apple knows..90% of people in this world would run to a product with the brand 'APPLE' or 'BEATS'. No 2 ways about it

It is 3.2 billion of a hope on the possibility of music streaming. Apple is investing in streaming. If people buy a couple albums a year, they are most likely to spend $90 a year on a streaming service. Apple wants to be that service. It is also what the record companies want now.

iPad like devices will also be promoted for media streaming in the future.

May 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #12,137 of 37,643
  why Beats? Its the headphones for the masses..thats why...

Apple knows..90% of people in this world would run to a product with the brand 'APPLE' or 'BEATS'. No 2 ways about it

Yes, while I do like Apple products, the premium price is quite "premium" and combining with another overpriced company is... yeah. you get the idea. There are companies who only want to make tons of money and work based on the trend. There are also companies who wants satisfied customer and at the same time, making money. 

It is 3.2 billion of a hope on the possibility of music streaming. Apple is investing in streaming. If people buy a couple albums a year, they are most likely to spend $90 a year on a streaming service. Apple wants to be that service. It is also what the record companies want now.

iPad like devices will also be promoted for media streaming in the future.

...on the other hand, it may possibly increase people who appreciate good audio quality provided the difference between "High-Rez" and "compresed" file sold on iTunes is obvious for everyone, not just audiophiles. 

May 25, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #12,141 of 37,643
Today's transportable rig lol...

Fully Balanced.

iPad 4
McIntosh AP1 Audio Player Vers 1.6
Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo Vers 1.0
iBasso DB2 Boomslang
iBasso PB2 Pelican
Sennheiser Amperior / Sennheiser HD400 ( 600 ohm )
Toxic Cables White Widow interconnects and Amperior recable

I didn't think the original Solo worked with the iPad 4? Are you just using the standard apple cable from iPad into the Solo? Also are you feeding the solo into the ibasso DAC or AMP.

May 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #12,142 of 37,643
Possibly not the best place to ask, but maybe somebody would be able to help and answer my question?

I am thinking about buying an iBasso DB2 DAC.......would I be right in thinking that I would be able to feed my DX50 into this via the coaxial input of the DB2 and then connect the DB2 to my Duet Amp with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector?

Also does anybody know if the DB2 would work with the iPad4 and Ipad5 as an external DAC via the lightning to USB camera cable?

Cheers

May 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #12,144 of 37,643
Hi friends 
beerchug.gif

How can I test my inear sd3 iem / westone 3   especially  sd3 , which singles are best test tools ?

for examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CS3n5yYBI&list=WL&index=32    Haggard - Chapter I: Tales of Ithiria

bass , mid , tiz , soundstage , clarity  etc

by the way :   I am not a professional ,  I am semi-pro 
wink.gif

Thanks

May 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #12,145 of 37,643
  Hi friends 
beerchug.gif

How can I test my inear sd3 iem / westone 3   especially  sd3 , which singles are best test tools ?

for examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CS3n5yYBI&list=WL&index=32    Haggard - Chapter I: Tales of Ithiria

bass , mid , tiz , soundstage , clarity  etc

by the way :   I am not a professional ,  I am semi-pro 
wink.gif

Thanks

This is to test, the SD3 massive soundstage and 3D effect...its great

May 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #12,146 of 37,643

Thanks Rudi!
beerchug.gif

The hugo is still burning in, but the sound is exceedingly transparent, clean, free of grain, and very quick. The sound has balls, it's the best bass I have heard yet with my NT6 Pro's. The bass extends endlessly low with ease and with extraordinarily controlled, tight & enveloping impact.

How is the HUGO amp section compared to wagnus? Do you think its an over kill?

May 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #12,147 of 37,643
Possibly not the best place to ask, but maybe somebody would be able to help and answer my question?

I am thinking about buying an iBasso DB2 DAC.......would I be right in thinking that I would be able to feed my DX50 into this via the coaxial input of the DB2 and then connect the DB2 to my Duet Amp with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector?

Also does anybody know if the DB2 would work with the iPad4 and Ipad5 as an external DAC via the lightning to USB camera cable?

Cheers

Yes for ios7

http://app.m-cocolog.jp/t/typecast/689527/576892/77683207

May 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #12,148 of 37,643
Yes for ios7

http://app.m-cocolog.jp/t/typecast/689527/576892/77683207
Thanks for that mate, I thought I read somewhere in the DAC's that work with iPad thread that it would work....that link is in Chinese or Japanese so I can't read it but you answered my initial question.

May 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #12,149 of 37,643
No worries. For db2, pls consider to make use of the balance line out of db2 . You can ask someone to build a hirose to rsa interconnect. I think its a better use of the db2.

For ios7, someone gave me an ipad mini recently i am just too lazy to get a cck to try out

May 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12,150 of 37,643
No worries. For db2, pls consider to make use of the balance line out of db2 . You can ask someone to build a hirose to rsa interconnect. I think its a better use of the db2.

For ios7, someone gave me an ipad mini recently i am just too lazy to get a cck to try out

Good point mate, I never thought about making a balanced cable for the DB2 and Duet. Just trying to look at my options for the DX50 and my iDevices. I'm hoping that the dual DACS in the DB2 will be sonically better than the DX50 on its own. And of course should be a distinct improvement with the iDevices :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back