Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #11,536 of 37,652
If you really wanna stick to that price range, you're stuck with entry level player implementations (FiiO x3, DX50 possibly used). I don't have a lot of experience with the Cowon/Calyx/Sony line of portable players, but they don't get a huge amount of press lately, so I bet you could find some of their better stuff on the FS forums for pretty cheap. Brand new, your options are pretty limited.

Kojaku

How would the SQ of the DX50 or X3 stack up versus the Note 3>D-Zero?

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #11,537 of 37,652
How would the SQ of the DX50 or X3 stack up versus the Note 3>D-Zero?

A little more "analog", I'd say. To clarify, I'd say the DX50 has a more...treble-happy sound, but a little more immersive. The X3, by comparison, is a bit more intimate sounding. What you'll get when compared to the D-Zero stack is a bit more detail, but a lot cleaner drive. I haven't been in the budget audio world in awhile, but I'd say this holds.

Kojaku

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #11,540 of 37,652
Well those should keep you busy for at least a day or two!

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #11,542 of 37,652
  Nice rig! Do you find a lot of improvement adding an E11?

Thank you! Personally I think that the E11 is not necessary to a 32ohm headphones,
but unfortunately the Nexus5 isn't a very good player and it lack a little bit of volume.
The E11 don't add just only volume (for me necessary to bring out the potential of the Aurvana2),
but it add more naturality and "thickness" to the low frequencies, and even some clarity, so yes
there are a lot of improvements for me, both sound quality and volume.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #11,544 of 37,652
  Thank you! Personally I think that the E11 is not necessary to a 32ohm headphones,
but unfortunately the Nexus5 isn't a very good player and it lack a little bit of volume.
The E11 don't add just only volume (for me necessary to bring out the potential of the Aurvana2),
but it add more naturality and "thickness" to the low frequencies, and even some clarity, so yes
there are a lot of improvements for me, both sound quality and volume.

E11 was my very first headphone amp, and I still consider it a great little amp and a really good bang for your buck!

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #11,545 of 37,652
Yes it is , you are right
Thank you kh600rr

I really like the recessed toggle switches on the side of the HA-11
biggrin.gif
 Can't wait to hear about the Bispa, looks nice
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #11,546 of 37,652
I really like the recessed toggle switches on the side of the HA-11:D  Can't wait to hear about the Bispa, looks nice:wink:

Mh 11 build quality like a tank
SQ
If you like pico power , for you sure you will love this MH 11 more :D

BISPA
SQ out the box Very good in detail and clarity and very good separation and very good bass detail

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back