Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 1, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #9,226 of 37,643
New player  (toy) arrived today, I'm rather impressed with the sound coming out of this thing.

Sony NWZ-F806 Walkman (32GB) & Dunu DN-1000 hybrid.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #9,227 of 37,643
  New player  (toy) arrived today, I'm rather impressed with the sound coming out of this thing.

Sony NWZ-F806 Walkman (32GB) & Dunu DN-1000 hybrid.

simple and clean

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #9,229 of 37,643
I demo the HM700 yesterday with my Paterre with TRRS termination. I really like the sound coming out of this even with unfamiliar local pop music. I did not buy it because I am not sure if I can really find a good quality L-shaped TRRS plug to replace my TRRS cables.The phone jack is located on the side and it is really a pain in the butt (literally if you do put in your jeans back pocket) to use. Secondly, I was planning to get the package with RE600b and the cost is around the stock HM802. That makes the decision even harder .....

I have one from toxic cable. But it come with cable . It's moded trrs to fit in trs jacket.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #9,234 of 37,643
  So do those balanced converters that you can plug an SE headphone cable connector into work?

Yes, in the sense that you will get sound but it won't be balanced. You'll need 2 separate wires end to end to each headphone, so a regular 3.5mm TRS won't be giving you balanced sound. You can get pretty close though, if you buy a Meier amp using Active Balanced Ground.

That can be the conundrum that is Head-Fi.....I believe that is what the "For Sale" threads are for...
biggrin.gif

I  very, very highly recommed that you do all your shopping in the B&S forum. If you buy something used, you can very often resell it with little or no loss.

Where can I buy the Balanced cables? and is that what they're called? 'Balance cables'? lol sorry if I'm getting the name really wrong
redface.gif

Most custom cable makers offer them or you can go the DIY route and solder your own like I did. If it's for an Ibasso amp like the PB2 using the Hirose connector, you can buy them straight from Ibasso.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #9,236 of 37,643

I demo the HM700 yesterday with my Paterre with TRRS termination. I really like the sound coming out of this even with unfamiliar local pop music. I did not buy it because I am not sure if I can really find a good quality L-shaped TRRS plug to replace my TRRS cables.The phone jack is located on the side and it is really a pain in the butt (literally if you do put in your jeans back pocket) to use. Secondly, I was planning to get the package with RE600b and the cost is around the stock HM802. That makes the decision even harder .....

Have you heard of the hm802 then? Impressions ? I am pretty interested in them
  A little late to the game, but this is my current portable rig (changes quite often)...

SONY DAP
GoVibe Martini+

You are not using the sony LOD ? I remember Fiio selling them quite cheap

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #9,238 of 37,643
I have the pleasure to meet with Rudi in Hong Kong tonite:

1. He has a friend who makes some really awesome cables. In comparison, there are Wagnus, Siltech 4 core and uber.
These DIY cables reveal great detail and texture. There is a short one has this truly deep bass impact.

2. I am now a believer in Japan cell Samsung battery brings SQ improvement to the DX50. Thanks, Rudi.

3. ZX-1 is good but not great. (IMHO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back