Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 23, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #13,084 of 37,643
My newly added IEM. Just got the Shure SE846 today, the bass is much improved over the SE535LTD but the highs seems muddier than the 535s. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though. Will play around with the filters when I get home tonight.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #13,089 of 37,643
Thanks..my trusty LG G3 doing wonders there..but seriously..this setup is marvellous on audiophile recordings in the classical, acoustic and jazz genre..

The sound is sooo damn natural, lifelike and highly detailed..totally amazing synergy

what brand IEM are those? Right now I am using a Weston w4r (FiiO X5 > Westone 4R). Eventually I want to get a custom IEM (JH Roxanne). I have to make plans to go to the NYC and check out an AK240 in person. I herd nothing but good things about it.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #13,090 of 37,643
what brand IEM are those? Right now I am using a Weston w4r (FiiO X5 > Westone 4R). Eventually I want to get a custom IEM (JH Roxanne). I have to make plans to go to the NYC and check out an AK240 in person. I herd nothing but good things about it.

Its Rhapsodio flagship Reference Titanium 1. Yeah, check it out. overall its the best dap there is however i can confirm it not the best sounding..close..but not the best..but add other aspects like UI, storage, bluetooth,wifi, design and size..imho it is the best

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #13,091 of 37,643
This afternoon ,me and my friends did a critical listening between : hugo(thru laptop>stock usb) vs ak240 gold
Using mainly fitear  parterre,abit of lcd X

the result was quite shocking (as i expected hugo to out-perform ak240 to be honest)

this is my very own thought about these device :

ak240 (alone dap) :i will just point out some of its most amazed characters

1 The best thing i was amazed by this device that it was so smooth sounding at the same time detail,very detail
2 It was very neutral,balanced all the way from high to low at the same time very musical,intimate
3 Very 3d with excellent layering

hugo (using stock usb) : 
1 the surrounding details(aka ambience) are more prominent compared to ak240 (doesnt mean more detail at all,they are both on the same level of details)
2 its sound is abit more edgy/sharp.........make hugo less smooth but give more of a "wow" factor
3 slightly wider soundstage width,same on ss depth
4 3d and layering is beautifully as ak240
5 I FEEL hugo is abit better in clarity vs ak240

they are pretty much on par in sound quality (surprise me),but different in presentation:

hugo pull the midrange slightly back to push surrounding details out more to strike for attentions
ak240 keep everything treble,mid,low on the same volume to create a smooth,coherence flow
to note that they both sound very details and balanced

this was done mainly based on iem,i dont think 1 is better than other AT ALL ,it will come down to ur taste.

i also tried ak240>optical>hugo : hugo become more spacious(clearly),saxophone was more straight to my chest (feeling),the rest wasnt much different (or my ears cant hear it clearly) 
sorry about my term of describing sound as english is my second language :frowning2:

plz share ur thought about these 2 device as i only have hugo for a week,and was the 1st time i listen to ak240

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back