Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #11,671 of 37,668

Yowza! I think the world is your oyster, mate! A good range of gear falls into that budget.

Any preference for UI?

Hahahaha I'm broke, trust me
biggrin.gif

I have really high hopes for the Calyx M, but the recent impressions from a few that have heard it describe it as being quite warm (don't like this) and less detailed and transparent that the ak240 (also do not like) While I haven't heard it myself, I am definitely a bit discouraged. What I think I'll do for now is just get a Concero HD as the source.

Would love stock android kitkat on my dream dap (and no, I don't want the zx1 xp) So basically there doesn't seem to be any DAP out there for me. Guess I'll have to wait for the fiio x7 or the ibasso dx200
frown.gif

May 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #11,673 of 37,668
May 3, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #11,677 of 37,668

I'm surprised that more DAPs don't offer a large capacity. 

Indeed, considering these new daps keep flooding the market and they still slot for the micro's. I just laugh when people have to carry multiple micro SD cards. Yes very portable but no thanks.

IMO, it's a bad concept to use portable external micro cards for portable daps, especially for these new and so called hi-end daps.

May 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #11,680 of 37,668
Hahahaha I'm broke, trust me :D

I have really high hopes for the Calyx M, but the recent impressions from a few that have heard it describe it as being quite warm (don't like this) and less detailed and transparent that the ak240 (also do not like) While I haven't heard it myself, I am definitely a bit discouraged. What I think I'll do for now is just get a Concero HD as the source.

Would love stock android kitkat on my dream dap (and no, I don't want the zx1 xp) So basically there doesn't seem to be any DAP out there for me. Guess I'll have to wait for the fiio x7 or the ibasso dx200 :frowning2:  

I have the same taste like you Chen

My friend heard Calyx M sound veiled and warm less detail and playing DSD sound not so natural

Until now my best DAP :

AK 240 > ibasso HDP R 10 > AK 120 Titan mod > sony ZX 1 > AK 100

IMO

May 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #11,681 of 37,668
My second best DAP pair With Wagnus Epsilon S
Source : IBasso HDP R10
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : LCD XC
Cable :
Mini to mini Custom cable hybrid silver and copper by Forza EU
SAA endorphin balance 3 pin with Abyss JPS cable adapter 3 pin to 6,3 mm plug
Music : WAV and hi res 24 bit 196 KHz
My impression :
High : smooth silky high with very good presence , cymbals swing so free
And not harsh
Mid : very sweet tube like midrange with very good pounce
Bass : very detail and very clean , bass impact is very good too
Separation : very good that I can very easy detect individual instrument
Soundstage : can produce wide soundstage in close headphone with very
Good depth
Overall :
I can hear for long listening with this audiophilesound quality , I turn the volume at 9.30 , sound so full , in low listening level I can hear all the detail so clear .
Ibasso HDP R10 is my second best DAP after AK 240
Even the latest ibasso DX 90 can not replace my HDP R10
IMO

SAA endorphin with balance 3 pin and Mahoney custom wood and JPS Abyss adapter 4 pin to 6,3 mm plug

I changed the IC mini to mini from FORZA with my best IC cable from Crystal Cable Dream line series , wow improve in excellent way , everything has more weight , better separation and wider the soundstage and I can hear very clear how the echo from piano until the end , I love it more this set up with LCD XC . IMO

May 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #11,684 of 37,668
That has got to be the BEST looking cable I've ever seen on an Audeze.

Thank you White Lotus

So far i have pair With Audeze that SAA Endorphin is The best Synergy to Audeze series like LCD 2 rev 3, LCD 3 and now LCD X and XC

The Other brand from My After market cable i have already sold , now i have 2 sets SAA Endorphin , One In 3 PIN balance and One In 4 PIN balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back