Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #10,441 of 37,651
SR80 are a great headphone. Unfortunately living near a busy main road with traffic flowing all day isolation wasn't strong enough. As cars went  past I would virtually hear them entering  the left earpiece then exiting from the right. I would of gone straight to Grado 325i if it weren't for that reason, so had to sell them.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #10,442 of 37,651
SR80 are a great headphone. Unfortunately living near a busy main road with traffic flowing all day isolation wasn't strong enough. As cars went  past I would virtually hear them entering  the left earpiece then exiting from the right. I would of gone straight to Grado 325i if it weren't for that reason, so had to sell them.
I agree, the grado sr325is sound legendary but it takes a quiet room

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #10,444 of 37,651
Oh I know where Repli is coming from deltasun I'm just saying what is closer to reality for most. This like any other crazy hobby we might have (including the addiction) if we reaaly want it we can make it happen on any budget:cool:

I was actually talking about whoever's post, but it's all good. :)

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #10,446 of 37,651

This is my current end game set up, I honestly spend alot of time in between school and my house I can't invest in a full size, but I probably don't want to since I have had a few fullsize but wasn't  really satisfied. I love the sound of my 535's, if anything I might just get a custom blue or red cable haven't decided if I want all red or spidey colors. But they sound absolutely blissful and the mids are amazing, bass is good not great but the mids are worth it. The isolation is pretty amazing yesterday, I got bit by a dog and didn't hear it until after it was tugging my pants, that's how good the isolation is.

Only on head-fi
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #10,449 of 37,651
I think that guy's commenting more on the why the makers have to charge so much for the AK240, for example, not one's ability to afford them.

yes indeed! 
beerchug.gif
 wasn't talking about ones ability to buy one. 
I'm sure it is a great machine, no doubt....

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #10,454 of 37,651
I've been wondering how well the e18 can stand up against the x3, from what I've read I guess the e18 has an inferior DAC than the x3 but it has enough room for the e12 amp internals in that thing lol

I'd love to hear one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back