Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 9, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #36,556 of 37,657
Damn that’s a heavy lifter! 🤣
Nice! That’s the one that does mods to DAP’s right, similar to NP Audio? Didn’t know they made equipment. But I guess that’s the audiophile dream - squeezing every bit of performance with your equipment. An insatiable community we are. ☠️
NP audio made a full service, parts replacements and components upgrade on my Calyx M. 6 stars service.

Yes, this hobby is about deep diving into pockets, trial and error, tenacity, experimenting, widening knowledge and building network. It requires time and patience. Frustration might occur along the way. The result of my very own search is the stack displayed above.

Calyx M on steroids
IMG_5579.jpeg

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #36,557 of 37,657
NP audio made a full service, parts replacements and components upgrade on my Calyx M. 6 stars service.

Yes, this hobby is about deep diving into pockets, trial and error, tenacity, experimenting, widening knowledge and building network. It requires time and patience. Frustration might occur along the way. The result of my very own search is the stack displayed above.

Calyx M on steroids
Nice! 💯
Unfortunately Cayin don’t send spare parts, otherwise would have loved to see a mod for the N7. Have been looking to get my hands on it to check out the 1-bit sound. The guy is an absolute legend though, saw the RS6 mod that one ups the DAP in dimension literally 😭. Mad respect for the guy though, that buys and attempts to mod own stuff despite the risk of bricking, before finding a way to mod relatively safely & offering that as a service.

100% agree - it’s a very subjective hobby, I’m just getting into it myself and got plenty to learn. Some things I’ve picked up are new doesn’t always equal better and taste/ preferences play a big part in different experiences. I got my first ciem, 2 years ago the UE11 which was said to be a bass heavy set (3 BA set) and in my opinion the bass was muted and actually it’s very treble heavy. I did “unlock” a liking to treble through it, so not all bad. 🙃

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #36,558 of 37,657
Calyx is not Cayin.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #36,559 of 37,657
Calyx is not Cayin.
Ah might have miscommunicated my message -I meant that NP Audio doesn’t do any mods for Cayin DAPs, I was looking to get one of theirs. Got a long way to go to reach that point where I’ve got an end game stack for myself.

The Calyx M is quite popular in the audiophile circle - but it’s out of production and can’t get hands on one anywhere not even 2nd hand 🥲. It received high praise from a lot of reviewers - bggar ranked it above all other DAPs (Cayin N8, DX300, WM1Z etc) back when he did DAP reviews. Definitely a collectors item at this point, and on top of that you’ve got a souped up version - it’s a full on beast at this point!

Sep 10, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #36,560 of 37,657
Ah might have miscommunicated my message -I meant that NP Audio doesn’t do any mods for Cayin DAPs, I was looking to get one of theirs. Got a long way to go to reach that point where I’ve got an end game stack for myself.

The Calyx M is quite popular in the audiophile circle - but it’s out of production and can’t get hands on one anywhere not even 2nd hand 🥲. It received high praise from a lot of reviewers - bggar ranked it above all other DAPs (Cayin N8, DX300, WM1Z etc) back when he did DAP reviews. Definitely a collectors item at this point, and on top of that you’ve got a souped up version - it’s a full on beast at this point!
I would ask Steve about that…I’m not sure he doesn’t mod Cayin…he has my N8 to fix at the moment, so we’ll see if he suggests any “upgrade” once he gets to it!

Sep 10, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #36,561 of 37,657
I would ask Steve about that…I’m not sure he doesn’t mod Cayin…he has my N8 to fix at the moment, so we’ll see if he suggests any “upgrade” once he gets to it!
Oh wow, that’s amazing! Thanks for sharing - will definitely give it a shot. 🙂

Sep 10, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #36,562 of 37,657
Enjoying some garden time with Singularity and Fiio BTR7 (BT)…

Attachments

• IMG_2951.jpeg
    IMG_2951.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #36,565 of 37,657
Getting "Hyper" with new arrival – Cayin's 30th anniversary, N30LE

IMG_2752.png

Sep 11, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #36,566 of 37,657
Green!
IMG_4942.jpeg

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #36,567 of 37,657
WM1A with MrWalkman’s firmware, Han Sound ZENTOO Cable in 4.4mm, Sound Rhyme SR7 Universal IEM.
665DEBCF-0D51-468D-AE06-C4EED0466EFF.jpeg

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #36,568 of 37,657
After so many years I would say my favourite portable combos are on this picture..
It's a bit strange there are only Sony's IEM/TWS left on the podium.. I am maybe more sensitive to Sony's sound science then many other people, I can't fully enjoy other items from B&O, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, JVC, Vision Ears, Apple, Tangzu, Kiwi Ears, Technics, ... I also own, but I definitely use far less often.

20230727_152028 copie HD.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #36,570 of 37,657
Posting in the 'light in the pocket, and on the wallet' sub-category:

BLON-03 w/Fiio LC-RE + Shanling M0 Pro

20230905_072446.jpg
With the latest technologies never underestimate TINY :wink:

Mo “G”.JPG

or inexpensive! For the $$ Benjie S5 and T6 have incredible amps and clarity:grin: This is just plain Noble "X"tasy!

NobleXT6.JPG

However today we are going just a wee bit larger:v:

Do U Meze Me.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back