Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #31,066 of 37,703
Thieaudio Legacy 4
1Z

..............best $179 IEM I've ever heard.

https://drop.com/buy/thieaudio-legacy-4-iem

https://www.linsoul.com/products/thieaudio-legacy-4

DSC_0071.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #31,067 of 37,703

Best

Sisco

I realize the guy has rubbed quite a few people the wrong way but he has had some very nice iem's over the years. I happen to be doing a little Opy Mia Q-D-Lux myself today! Great album, really love "Soul Suckers" off that one :beerchug:

Mia Q-D-Lux.JPG

@Redcarmoose I can't wait to hear them as I feel exactly the same way about their Legacy 3's:wink:
When I first listened to this combo I swear I was "Bustin' Out those L3's":scream:

Bustin’ Out That L3.JPG

You get a chance play these:thumbsup:

Please listen to these two songs and report back:grin: I mean if it's not too much trouble I'd like your take on the L4's but maybe the songs and by all means if you prefer other testers let me know what you heard:v:

I highly recommend both these artist and please do start with Amos's self titled and Angus's (Dope Lemon is his project name Honey Bones LP) Note: Pod can't be responsible for any lessening of anyone's monetary accounts due to any addictions and Merry Christmas to all:grinning:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #31,068 of 37,703
I realize the guy has rubbed quite a few people the wrong way but he has had some very nice iem's over the years. I happen to be doing a little Opy Mia Q-D-Lux myself today! Great album, really love "Soul Suckers" off that one :beerchug:

@Redcarmoose I can't wait to hear them as I feel exactly the same way about their Legacy 3's:wink:
When I first listened to this combo I swear I was "Bustin' Out those L3's":scream:

You get a chance play these:thumbsup:

Please listen to these two songs and report back:grin: I mean if it's not too much trouble I'd like your take on the L4's but maybe the songs and by all means if you prefer other testers let me know what you heard:v:

I highly recommend both these artist and please do start with Amos's self titled and Angus's (Dope Lemon is his project name Honey Bones LP) Note: Pod can't be responsible for any lessening of anyone's monetary accounts due to any addictions and Merry Christmas to all:grinning:

I will, I will.
Well the first song was a good test as to the total maybe 3K vocal midrange sector. I mean if they were going to be too bright or shouty it would have been right there with that song. They do vocals well just due to being balanced all around. That song has very little soundstage and the L4 didn't add or subtract but just showed the song for what it was. Maybe my favorite detail was the ever so slight room reverb in places on his voice?

Number 2 Song "Dope Lemon" was more my speed and surprisingly hypnotic. Starting out the really low volume guitar pick sliding before the guitar comes in is subtle but picked up under everything else. The bass was very compressed and droning yet, to me was very "Low-Fi" on purpose, but fit the character of the song. Again a reverb around where it sounds like a single piano note or bottle hit used as a rhythm accent was nice, and nice to hear it repeated again moments later on beat. With the L4 they succeed at imaging and do detail while not using any uneven frequencies to make detail. Just an even and correct frequency response. Don't know what to say as I've never heard those songs any other way but today. My review will come out in a couple days. They are very special and maybe represent a new era for us into IEMS? Have not heard the L3 so I can't compare the 10mm diver to this faster 8mm, but I'm pretty sure you must notice some speed in the low end change-ups, if you get a pair. I've never had a 8mm DD before but it seems like a special good thing? Cheers!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #31,069 of 37,703
abfd46d198fcfb0c49741474119fd5fb.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #31,070 of 37,703
The 4.4mm balanced cable arrived today from Hidizs for my MS4 - this will be my first encounter with an IEM via balanced output...

20201222_134702.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #31,071 of 37,703
Zach and Bevin came through in a huge way and shipped my ZMF November early just in time for Christmas.

With the KANN Alpha these are mind blowing!

IMG_2033.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #31,072 of 37,703
dc1293eedaf71f490fcd39177703c118.jpg

Audiophile Tee.

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #31,074 of 37,703
While I'm loving my experiments with various wired IEMs lately, I had to return to wireless for out walking - love the convenience of the TW2, barely feel it in my ears and the sound is pretty good too.

20201224_104729.jpg

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #31,075 of 37,703
Man, music on the go in 2020 is just "Crazy Goot" :grin: Crazy cause for less than a one nights hotel stay you can have music sound this Goot on the run:astonished: Or as Cheech said to Chong......................"What's in that crap man":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Crazy Goot.JPG

Happy Holidays fellow Enthusiast:beerchug:

Dec 24, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #31,077 of 37,703

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back