Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 29, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #30,781 of 37,623
Always enjoy looking at some of the $$$ rigs but just going budget Mid-Fi today and enjoying some Beck even Mid-Fi (Of course by the time I posted this the Dishwalla was done:rolling_eyes:) :wink:

Today's ensemble: Cayin N3, Jazz amp and the budget bargain KZ ZSX:beerchug:

Budget Minded Mid-Fi.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #30,782 of 37,623
Had to pull yesterdays Chi-Fi rig out (OK so the iem's are from a Brit) because I'm always amazed at how far Chi-Fi has come in 10-12 years now. As small as this little stack is it provides massive sound and quite pleasant across the entire spectrum :grin: Is it an $8K AK/Wizard portable pairing not really but for being used out in the wild it's a heck of a lot closer than the difference in dollars:thinking: Even for $8K if your not in a soundproof cozy room being portable is kind of a moot point, may as well have an awesome home rig for $8K (then again I guess the equivalent to an $8K portable in home gear would be what? $24K?)!

Benjie T6, Xduoo XQ-10 with TA Vyrus v2's

Tiny Boom.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #30,783 of 37,623
Had to pull yesterdays Chi-Fi rig out (OK so the iem's are from a Brit) because I'm always amazed at how far Chi-Fi has come in 10-12 years now. As small as this little stack is it provides massive sound and quite pleasant across the entire spectrum :grin: Is it an $8K AK/Wizard portable pairing not really but for being used out in the wild it's a heck of a lot closer than the difference in dollars:thinking: Even for $8K if your not in a soundproof cozy room being portable is kind of a moot point, may as well have an awesome home rig for $8K (then again I guess the equivalent to an $8K portable in home gear would be what? $24K?)!

Tiny Boom.JPG

Just curious, will that kikkerland case fit chonkier cables? I've been wanting to get them but I have to ship them to a friend first then to me.

Oct 29, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #30,785 of 37,623
Just curious, will that kikkerland case fit chonkier cables? I've been wanting to get them but I have to ship them to a friend first then to me.

You mean something like the 16 core on these TA Delta v2's?

Kikkerland.JPG

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #30,786 of 37,623

Tiny Boom.JPG
Makes me want to dig out my vyrus v1s lol!

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #30,787 of 37,623
Makes me want to dig out my vyrus v1s lol!

I hear ya Nic, I liked my v1's but gifted those to a good lady friend of the family. They like my Masters were a little heavy for their actual size hence my preference to the v2 and Icarus III's. But to each their own as long as they are enjoying there music:beerchug:

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #30,788 of 37,623
Miss direct!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #30,791 of 37,623
A&K Kann Alpha paired with Dunu Dk-3001pro... I could never decide if I like them better with silicone dunu tips or dunu-vocal tips,,, so I have R vowels and L silicone for a special fit :darthsmile:
OT-Led Zep III will always be my favorite with IV following closely. LZ III just has so much all across the acoustic/electric spectrum, as does IV. Both still sounding great after listening since early 70's.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #30,793 of 37,623
OT-Led Zep III will always be my favorite with IV following closely. LZ III just has so much all across the acoustic/electric spectrum, as does IV. Both still sounding great after listening since early 70's.

And Ooh here I was kinda diggin' on that Love to love you baby :wink:

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #30,795 of 37,623

Users who are viewing this thread

Back