Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #26,806 of 37,652
Beautiful setup. The RSA still looks the business 10 years later.

Yes in deedy:grin: I baby all my gear so it really looks day one new to this day:wink: You're Avatar always makes me want to que up "Sketches of Spain":thumbsup:

Daily Special.JPG

But today we are running with a Pair O' 1's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pair of 1’s.JPG

@DONTGIVEUP , what I've read the name was based on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Nine_Tails_Fox

They sound awesome and in my top 10 iem's and really closer to 6 than 10:beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #26,807 of 37,652
Dec 5, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #26,808 of 37,652
The shape alone keeps calling out to me, I can't look away, these are going on the wish list.

Well being the faithful Head-Fi enabler I am let me entice your Christmas wish:beerchug: HoHoHo:santa:

M2 Hawk Tail.JPG

Mythical Rig.JPG

N3s Jazzy 9T.JPG

Opus Number 9.JPG

Get Mo Tail!.JPG
9T Woody Notes.JPG

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #26,809 of 37,652
Yes in deedy:grin: I baby all my gear so it really looks day one new to this day:wink: You're Avatar always makes me want to que up "Sketches of Spain":thumbsup:

But today we are running with a Pair O' 1's:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@DONTGIVEUP , what I've read the name was based on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Nine_Tails_Fox

They sound awesome and in my top 10 iem's and really closer to 6 than 10:beerchug:
I will confess. There are times when I turn out the lights and cue up “all blues” and imagine that I’m Clint Eastwood in “in the line of fire”.

Those Tonekings look fantastic. How do they sound?

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #26,810 of 37,652
I will confess. There are times when I turn out the lights and cue up “all blues” and imagine that I’m Clint Eastwood in “in the line of fire”.

Those Tonekings look fantastic. How do they sound?

They sound excellent, Lurk actually turned me on to them or rather he has a pair and contantly said how awesome they were and darned if he was not right. For my ears they are warm and neutral but still have great detail. If you desire a little more low or a higher signature you have filters for either. I think a lot of peoplrs first impression of them is they won’t fit well but I have found that to be just the opposite, these are my second Toneking, I have my SW III’s to my BFF back in march and they could really thump but the 9 Tail is very close. As you can see from those pictures they scale well with everything I’ve had them on.

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #26,814 of 37,652
Looks like a true giant killer

Well I can't take the name, I had the same issue with VJJB iem's:hushed:

iPhone 6 to ES-100 feeding Advanced M5 1D's a little the the "Diesel Breeze" off Naked Self:grin:

ES-100 ADV M51D.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #26,815 of 37,652
K5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• whyz
Back