Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 19, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #20,326 of 37,704
Now that's bloody!
wink.gif

I'm very surprised that you put all that goodness through IE8's. I listened to a pair for years. Never did like 'em.

That's because they're currently the only good IEM that I have (for clarity and soundstage, at least). I know they're dark sounding, that's why I'm using the treble switch of the VorzampDuo for some songs. I also use my Monk Plus often. I ordered the Campfire Audio Nova last month from Massdrop and they're supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope they're good. 
etysmile.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #20,327 of 37,704
That's because they're currently the only good IEM that I have (for clarity and soundstage, at least). I know they're dark sounding, that's why I'm using the treble switch of the VorzampDuo for some songs. I also use my Monk Plus often. I ordered the Campfire Audio Nova last month from Massdrop and they're supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope they're good. :etysmile:

I hope the Campfires are all you wish. :)
I shouldn't denigrate the '8's. They were my first high end 'phones and I got a lot of pleasure from them.
Didn't look back once I got the Noble's though. :wink:

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #20,328 of 37,704
I hope the Campfires are all you wish.
smily_headphones1.gif

I shouldn't denigrate the '8's. They were my first high end 'phones and I got a lot of pleasure from them.
Didn't look back once I got the Noble's though.
wink.gif

I feel you man. I've heard some higher end IEMs from friends and the difference is wow! Especially some of the TOTL stuff that they have. I listen to the 8s for some particular type of music only because they don't sound good with everything. I hope I could at least try one from the Noble line up. But I'm not so fortunate enough to have access with stores that are selling those kinds of stuff. One day, one day. 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #20,329 of 37,704
I feel you man. I've heard some higher end IEMs from friends and the difference is wow! Especially some of the TOTL stuff that they have. I listen to the 8s for some particular type of music only because they don't sound good with everything. I hope I could at least try one from the Noble line up. But I'm not so fortunate enough to have access with stores that are selling those kinds of stuff. One day, one day. 
regular_smile%20.gif

I just checked your location. Pretty exotic for a London boy! Do you have meets near you?
Otherwise buying Noble universals is probably the way forward. I've heard the 4's and was very impressed. Let's hope those Campfires sing on the end of that lux rig of yours. :)

Jun 19, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #20,330 of 37,704
I just checked your location. Pretty exotic for a London boy! Do you have meets near you?
Otherwise buying Noble universals is probably the way forward. I've heard the 4's and was very impressed. Let's hope those Campfires sing on the end of that lux rig of yours. :)

There are some guys here who share the same passion. We're all expats so I guess boredom is one of the reasons why we started on this hobby. I'm just a noob on this, by the way. We've had several meets but only 4-5 people are present most of the time. My home country have even better selection of gears compared to places here in the mid-east. So when I get back home, I'll surely try some of the good stuff on this newfound hobby of mine. Thanks to head-fi and the helpful members, I'm learning a lot of things even remotely. :D

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #20,331 of 37,704
There are some guys here who share the same passion. We're all expats so I guess boredom is one of the reasons why we started on this hobby. I'm just a noob on this, by the way. We've had several meets but only 4-5 people are present most of the time. My home country have even better selection of gears compared to places here in the mid-east. So when I get back home, I'll surely try some of the good stuff on this newfound hobby of mine. Thanks to head-fi and the helpful members, I'm learning a lot of things even remotely. :D

I'd be interested to hear what you reckon to the Campfires...

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #20,333 of 37,704
Sure. I'll try them with and without external dac/amp, also ootb and after some time of burn in. I'll try to focus on the synergy with the Mojo as we're on its thread. :)

More than burn in. I would give them a bit of time. To let new toy syndrome subside. IME I only really know what I have got after listening on and off for a few days.

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #20,334 of 37,704
More than burn in. I would give them a bit of time. To let new toy syndrome subside. IME I only really know what I have got after listening on and off for a few days.

That's actually what I've read from one of the reviewers on the Nova and Andromeda thread. The guy mentioned that the Nova kind of grew on him at some point even though he's listening to a few more higher end IEMs at the time. I'll try to rotate the gears that I have on my listening sessions. I didn't notice any impressions over there that mentioned the synergy with Mojo so I'll try my best to share what my experience will be. Thanks for the advice mate!

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #20,337 of 37,704
Probably still the best transport

Why don't I ever see it strapped to a Mojo, btw? (On the lookout for a lower profile transport for my triple-stack)

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #20,339 of 37,704
Why don't I ever see it strapped to a Mojo, btw? (On the lookout for a lower profile transport for my triple-stack)

It doesn't work. Because the Mojo doesn't have MFI certification (Chord won't send Apple their proprietary schematics and tech for 'approval' from Apple), and the Classic is incompatible with the CCK (OS issue) the two cant 'talk' to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back