Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #17,401 of 37,658
x3 is not dead!

Ok, now I want your iem holder!! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #17,403 of 37,658

Ak 380 X Hugo X Abyss in my hand made sleeve......was never fond of attaching a DAP via elastic bands.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #17,407 of 37,658
Thanks. Not the best looking leather case I've made, but the asymmetric angular shape of the AK products are an absolute nightmare to design around.

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #17,408 of 37,658
I'm with Wyd4 Shanghai, good looking case and nice work
wink_face.gif

My old iPhone 4/Tomahawk with MOE's

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #17,410 of 37,658

Ak 380 X Hugo X Abyss in my hand made sleeve......was never fond of attaching a DAP via elastic bands.

I can't get over this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It seems like a terrible shame to use the greatest DAP on the planet in such a way. 90% of its glory goes unappreciated when using another device for DAC and Amping. It's like marrying Angelina Joli and putting her in the kitchen, never seeing or toughing her.

Does the Hugo sound better? I image so. I haven't heard it myself. But still. This is the AK380 we're talking about.

Ugh... I've got that feeling again. :frowning2:

Part of it is probably envy at not having thousands of dollars to squander on a whim. :)

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #17,411 of 37,658
I can't get over this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It seems like a terrible shame to use the greatest DAP on the planet in such a way. 90% of its glory goes unappreciated when using another device for DAC and Amping. It's like marrying Angelina Joli and putting her in the kitchen, never seeing or toughing her.

Does the Hugo sound better? I image so. I haven't heard it myself. But still. This is the AK380 we're talking about.

Ugh... I've got that feeling again.
frown.gif

Part of it is probably envy at not having thousands of dollars to squander on a whim.
smily_headphones1.gif

You aren't alone. I get that feeling when I look at it sometimes and have to remind myself how I got there. There is a somewhat logical progression. My Ak240 was driving some of my IEMS just fine. Then I got the Abyss and wanted to drive them on the road. No-can-do with the AK Daps. After another head-fier suggested a listen with the AK240+Hugo, It was pure magic.........Admittently, the 380 upgrade was a total impulse buy. But I can still use the DAP standalone when I need to travel light so Im perfectly happy with Angelina cooking for me off and on.

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #17,412 of 37,658

Ugh... I've got that feeling again.
frown.gif

Part of it is probably envy at not having thousands of dollars to squander on a whim.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you notice the kind of headphones in the photo?

Might answer your question.

I'm sure he has some awesome in ears to use the AK380 all by itself....

Sep 1, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #17,414 of 37,658

What's wrong with toughing her in the kitchen? 
wink_face.gif

I don't even know if Angelina even knows what a kitchen is much less where one might be, this may be the closest shot of her in one if it even is
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #17,415 of 37,658
But I can still use the DAP standalone when I need to travel light so Im perfectly happy with Angelina cooking for me off and on.

Right on. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back